Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent a Room - What should I sign?

Options
  • 05-10-2008 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭

HI,
    Im looking to rent a room for 400/450 for the college year. It will probably be in owner Occ house..

The citizens info says we(me & LL) need to draw up a document stating, 1)length of stay 2)notice period 3)rules (noise, visitors etc)

The problem is in reality landlords dont really wanna do this, especially the part about the notice period - i gave up one opportunity because she wouldnt budge on giving me a months notice... would i be stuck with a bill til the end of year if i decided to move out at some stage? how much would i stand to lose?

PS: as mature student i'm looking for a place that accepts rent allowance, this making search even harder

am I being overly picky in requiring this??

Advertisement