Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC Rock Band Track Pack is a standalone game!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Expensive.... as a DLC track pack, it would have been much better as an impulse buy for €20 or whatever. At $39.99 (which will probably mean €50+ here!!), its probably too much.

TBH, out of all those tracks, I'm only interested in 4 or 5 of them.

Heh.... "99 minutes of play for each instrument" .... Why not go the whole way and say "With 99 minutes of play, 4 instruments, and 4 skill levels, thats 1584 minutes, or 26 hours of rawwwwwwwwk!!" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

in the Q&A part of that link, it says it wont be DLC, its a standalone game and it will be on sale for €39.99 in decemeber in the the EU......

Thats a bit expensive alrite for 16 songs....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

For 40 euro they can blow me! I'd take it for 30 alright but it's genuinely not worth more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I'm on the fence about this at the moment I have to say. I like a lot of the songs on there, and the achievement whore in me would love a shot at more RB-related achievements. But €40... it's way too steep, considering BSSM, one of the best albums of all time (not even up for debate ;)), is only €19.20. I don't give 2 flying f*cks about packaging, shipping and distribution. €40 is wrong!!!

• Advertisement

I wonder how well GH:Aerosmith really did? Would it have made more money as DLC?

ye're dead right, 40 quid is mental for 16 songs, its nearly as bad as GH charging full price for their Aerosmith add on!!

But as the above post said, if there is achievements, i will probably get this too, sad i know!!

Mr E wrote: »
    I wonder how well GH:Aerosmith really did? Would it have made more money as DLC?

Apparently it only did ok.

I'd say it woulda done way better as DLC, same with this AC/DC thing.

None of the Aerosmith stuff is playable in GH3 though, the AC/DC songs are playable in RB 1 & 2...a small plus i suppose!

CKWPORT wrote: »
    ye're dead right, 40 quid is mental for 16 songs, its nearly as bad as GH charging full price for their Aerosmith add on!!

But as the above post said, if there is achievements, i will probably get this too, sad i know!!

The essential difference there was the fact that GH Aerosmith had more than 16 songs! It also had a rake of unlockable songs. At least you got somewhat a bang for your buck on the premise that you were an Aerosmith fan.

But this, even if you're an AC/DC fan (which I am), i'd still feel ripped off forking out 40 euro for a glorified version of AC/DC Live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

No way I'm getting it on release but in a few months it should be around €20ish,I'll get it then.

• Advertisement

No way I'm getting it on release but in a few months it should be around €20ish,I'll get it then.

My thinking! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    My thinking! ;)

We can only hope the price will come down that fast. Because this won't be worth a crap as a pre-owned purchase. Couldn't take the chance that someone had exported the songs from it already...

We can only hope the price will come down that fast. Because this won't be worth a crap as a pre-owned purchase. Couldn't take the chance that someone had exported the songs from it already...

+1, So true, they'd give ya nothing on a trade in for it i'd say....

Be great if we could rent it...play it, get some achievements, export the songs, chuck it back....

Here is an update on the AC/DC track pack from X360A.org:

"The Facts Behind Rock Band Track Pack 2 and AC/DC LIVE

So most of you have seen the achievements I posted earlier relating to something called "Rock Band Track Pack 2" but most people have never heard of such a thing. Mostly because the original Rock Band Track Pack never made it to the 360. PS2 and Wii owners could buy or rent a disc that had 20 songs that were available to us 360 owners via the marketplace, mainly because they had no option of downloading said songs. This second version will be available for the 360 and Harmonix and Microsoft decided to capitalize a bit and throw some achievements on it.
    From what I can tell via online retailers, the disc will be available November 18th for $29.99, the same price as the first disc. I could not find a complete track list, but the achievements do reveal a few of the songs.
    Also of note, as we reported before, the AC/DC LIVE track pack will also have its own gamerscore, but we can now confirm it will mirror the 12 achievements and 250 points worth that Track Pack 2 has offered up. The AC/DC disc will be released November 2nd, but will cost a ridiculous $39.98 and only be available at Walmart or Sam's Club stores. We should have the achievement list for that soon. "

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

So far, I have every single song for RB1 and RB2 (yes RB2).... But I won't buy this.

If it's DLC, I will buy it... disc.. no.

GH:A was the biggest waste of money I've every paid for in a music game.. and that includes Britneys Dance Beat... At least I got more play out of Britney :D

All those companies can bugger off if they are going to release tiny cut down versions of the game for the same price... I've already paid close to €1000 for my Rock Band setup and I ain't paying for stupid stuff like this.

If someone like me won't pay for it.. that's saying something.

Actually, I've semi-changed my mind about this...

I've read somewhere that songs being released separately was AC/DC's doing... What I understood was that they didn't want people downloading 1 or 2 tracks because they are artists and don't get credit for all their work on an album. Same idea with buying an album in a shop... You can't choose which songs go on there. If you buy a single, it's got remixes and stuff so it's different than getting the full album.... Sure, online downloads broke that a bit.

Anyway.. the real reason I've kinda changed my mind is that IF you buy this game, you can just import all your songs into the regular Rock Band 2... This is something I didn't know before. Sure, it's expensive, but that's not the part that bothers me.

One way though is that one of us could buy the disc, and let each person borrow it for like a day so they can export the songs to their RB2.... Sure, it's most likely horribly illegal, but will make a point that they should have this as DLC in future rather than sending a message like they are ripping people off.

Bleh.. I'm mostly annoyed cos I can't get it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

The export code for the AC/DC track pack is a one-use deal so you can't buy/rent a single copy then swap it around your circle of mates to export the songs into RB.

So, not like the RB1 export... damn them for not being consistant.

Means I shouldn't buy a 2nd hand version of it. Thanks for the heads up.

Must check ebay tonight

EDIT: Actually it kinda is consistant... The 20 free songs in RB2 is a code and is a onetime use only... :/

Advertisement