Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accessing someone elses wireless & legality?

Options
  • 05-10-2008 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering something! Last night in the wee hours while doing designated driver I was waiting on a few mates to get their asses out of a house party in the backend of tallaght somewhere and being bored I decided to play with me new mini lappie. Just so happens I picked up a wifi signal and was able to surf the net and boards and stuff.

I was then wondering this morning about the leagilty if it? Is it illegal to do that? I didn't do anything other than suft the net for about 20 mins or so!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Theft of service. In your case, though, I wouldn't worry at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

No specficic law prohibiting it and again I wouldn't worry, they can only blame themselves for leaving the AP unsecured.

MC

Advertisement