Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vodafone broadband

Options
  • 05-10-2008 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭

Hi all I am looking for some advice please .I got the vodafone broadband modem and it worked fine for about a month then service was crap worse than dial-up .I moved address and rang vodafone to cancel but the girl said I had signed a 12 month contract and would have to pay the full amount .When I explained that it did not work she really didnt give a **** .I didnt use the modem for the last 6 months but I still got the bills and now I am being threatened with debt collectors .Has this happened anybody else and what can I do if anything .THANKS LADS .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭northdubgal

kakee wrote: »
    Hi all I am looking for some advice please .I got the vodafone broadband modem and it worked fine for about a month then service was crap worse than dial-up .I moved address and rang vodafone to cancel but the girl said I had signed a 12 month contract and would have to pay the full amount .When I explained that it did not work she really didnt give a **** .I didnt use the modem for the last 6 months but I still got the bills and now I am being threatened with debt collectors .Has this happened anybody else and what can I do if anything .THANKS LADS .

Something similar is happening to me also kakee, did you get any usefull information?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭UsedtobePC

kakee wrote: »
    I moved address and rang vodafone to cancel but the girl said I had signed a 12 month contract and would have to pay the full amount .When I explained that it did not work she really didnt give a **** .I didnt use the modem for the last 6 months but I still got the bills and now I am being threatened with debt collectors .Has this happened anybody else and what can I do if anything .THANKS LADS .

I'm afraid your trouble is self inflicted as far as i can see. While I don't condone the attitude of the call centre girl you should have pressed her to give you assistance, or asked to speak to her supervisor to escalate the problem since you weren't happy with her solution. You could've also tried to ring up customer number again. Chances are some other operator would've picked up your call and with a bit of luck they would have solved your problem.

At this point in time (6 motnhs later!) they're in their right to pursue payment of those bills whether you used the service or not. Your best option is to ring up customer service again and ask to be put through to billing or to somebody who can take care of this. You're going to have to negotiate since legally you have no foot to stand on.

Sorry for your trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

I didnt find much information but there must be many people who signed up in good faith and got the same crap service .Since I changed my address and they dont have my new details they will have to hunt me down .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

My advice is to pay it and learn from the mistake. Regardless of how rubbish the service you signed up to the contract and you are liable for the bills. As regards to them having to "hunt you down" they won't.

What they will do however is sell your outstanding account balance onto a debt collection agent who "will hunt you down :) " and after that next time you apply for any type of finance or loan you'll find yourself being refused with a nice dent on your credit rating which takes 5 years to clear off the record from the date the "account balance" is actually written off.

Was in a similiar situation with Irish Broadband (not owing them arrears though) and in the end very begrudingly paid the bill as "technically" they were right (but morally very wrong :( )

Advertisement