Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NYPD Store

• 05-10-2008 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

I know this is off topic of recruitment but i didnt know where else to post, im a member but im headed to New York next month and ive heard people talk about the NYPD store in new york where you can go in and buy some of their uniform. Is this true, does this place exist? I'd just be interested in checking it out is all.

Thanks folks, again sorry if im topic, and best of luck to everyone in the recruitment process a the moment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

There's a NYPD museum which will sell you all this stuff anyway if you want the official stuff. You'll also find tons of unofficial and offical stuff in various other shops around NYC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭djtechnics1210

What your looking for is new york iron works, www.newyorkironworks.com , its right behind Police Plaza, its where all NYPD buy their equipment/uniform, but there's a big sign on front door stating police only, so you will need to bring badge with you. That was the store that every NYPD officer sent me in the direction of. There is also a couple of police surplus shops near NYPD college aswell but not sure exactly what they sell, ask any NYPD and they are always glad to help when you tell them your police from Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Random wrote: »
    There's a NYPD museum which will sell you all this stuff anyway if you want the official stuff. You'll also find tons of unofficial and offical stuff in various other shops around NYC.
    I should clarify that I mean they'll sell all the usual tourist and sovenier stuff ... this does includes jackets, caps, tshirts etc .. .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

Having an occasional browse in the recruitment section to weed out undesirables for fachtna. Oops.
    This threadmight be useful on the main E.S. forum, non?

Advertisement