Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

James McCarthy

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

...and still you can't back up your accusations.

either back them up or retract the statement.

You said that a majority of Celtic fans hate Protestants, a very serious allegation, now back it up or retract it. If its a majority of fans it should be very easy to back it up.

the majority of the celtic 'fans' from ireland are the lowest of the low, generally seeing a celtic jersey means cross to the other side of the street. there are plenty of irish fans who genuinely follow the club for footballing reasons but the majority follow them for purely anti-protestant/british reasons.

i think the dublin riots sum up the irish support of celtic

http://ifyouknowtheirhistory.blogspot.com/2007/11/celtic-fans-riot-in-dublin.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Don't be silly :D
    Bit harder to pronounce i suppose! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

the majority of the celtic 'fans' from ireland are the lowest of the low, generally seeing a celtic jersey means cross to the other side of the street. there are plenty of irish fans who genuinely follow the club for footballing reasons but the majority follow them for purely anti-protestant/british reasons.

http://ifyouknowtheirhistory.blogspot.com/2007/11/celtic-fans-riot-in-dublin.html

I dont agree with you in all honesty.

Unfortunately this Celtic + Ireland thing is something that morons all over Ireland and Scotland will latch onto, it is also something which Celtic as a club will always encourage.

I dont however believe that the dublin riots sum up Celtic supporters.
    I know a handful of real Celtic supporters in Ireland, everyone else supports an English side......"and Celtic".
    It's generally these people where the trouble comes from.

Unfortunately Celtic fans are far better at dissasociating themselves with these people, than Rangers fans are at doing the same with their own scumbags.
    And on the flip side of that, Celtic fans are far better at Associating Rangers' scumbags with the main body of our support than Rangers fans are at doing the opposite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,214 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Eirebear wrote: »
    There has been a few Hearts players recieve abuse last season after the Lithuania Scotland game....did yous sing out their names too?

Make up your mind will you? You're slating us for speaking up against racisn and then you're slating us for not speaking up against racism! Which is it?

Thankfully Celtic fans do speak out about racism and we constantly make a stand such as this banner shows (when Jason Scotland received racial abuse)

2z86bgy.jpg

2gt3zlu.jpg

w8nbs2.jpg

You have to admit that the pictures above portray a much better image than the pictures below...

2zjcbh1.jpg

108if46.jpg

2j4dd05.jpg

Some of those photos are not even from the Dublin riots.

"but the majority follow them for purely anti-protestant/british reasons"

Any chance you could back that assertion up with some proof please? I doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,350 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Of course he (and the pope fella) cannot back up their assertions! They are untrue. A handful of photos of guys with Celtic jerseys on doing dodgy things = most Celtic fans are dodgy and eat their babies for tea. It is fecking laughable really that this forum tolerates the casual abuse of Celtic fans by guys who have no idea what they are on about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Most scumbags seem to wear Celtic jerseys and certainly most of the people protesting at that march would have a Celtic jersey or 2. They're not Celtic fans though. They wouldn't even try to kid you on. I know plenty of them from growing up where I did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

It is fecking laughable really that this forum tolerates the casual abuse of Celtic fans by guys who have no idea what they are on about.

Thats the key point here. Bigots, lowest of the low etc and not a peep from the mods. I got a weeks ban for 'trolling' when I said that Liverpool fans commited murder in Heysel ffs, despite the fact its true. But benedict gets away with his outlandish nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

And Republicanism is not sectarian by definition, but it manifested itself in sectarian murder and visceral anti-protestantism.
    Can you please provide an example of this "visceral anti-protestantism"?
    and when was the last time you heard a song about the South Armagh Republican Action Force at a Celtic game?

You asked for evidence of Republicanism manifesting it self in sectarian murder and visceral anti-protestantism

I think the actions of the South Armagh Republican Action Force show that sectarian murder and visceral anti-protestantism quiet well.

Or do you wnat documentary ecivdence that the South Armagh Republican Action Force were actually Republican

• Advertisement

Thats the key point here. Bigots, lowest of the low etc and not a peep from the mods. I got a weeks ban for 'trolling' when I said that Liverpool fans commited murder in Heysel ffs, despite the fact its true. But benedict gets away with his outlandish nonsense.

He's had plently of time to back it up or withdraw it and hasn't so now it's time for the Mods to step in.

Back up your assertion that the majority of Celtic fans are anti-Protestant?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

Deluded? Moi? :D

Yet again, where is your proof that Celtic fans are 'anti-protestant'?

Plenty of stuff here of Celtic fans singing IRA songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x5wgtbC8bA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZikId5TXh_A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_93jO9SJuRM&feature=related

I expect a reply asking for evidence in HD next.

First video - Boys of the Old Brigade.

Second - Willie Maley.

Third - The Celtic Symphony.

NONE of the vids are in a stadium as requested as well.

Give me ONE anti-Protestant line in ANY of those three songs...

Back up your assertion that the majority of Celtic fans are anti-Protestant?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Thread locked,I am in work and when one of the soccer mods gets a chance we will go over this thread and see if any further action is needed and if the thread is to be opened again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement