Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosenborg/tippeligaen fans in ireland

Options
  • 05-10-2008 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi

just wondering is there many rosenborg fans in ireland that are from norway?iv been supporting the club for years now and plan on moving to trondheim in 3years time when i complete my college degree.

i have yet to come across any norwegian pubs in ireland?i was away in cyprus during the summer,have to admit the best thing was the norwegian bars.they screened some live games aswel so that was good.

im starting to learn norwegian at the minute,have a grasp of th basics,trying to further it now though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've never seen a Norwegian pub in Ireland, not to mention Scandinavian ones :(

Check out the http://uk.geocities.com/eirescandia/ though

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Rosenborg, pff, you need to follow a real team,

HEIA BRANN!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭mrstpatsfc

haha brann.wont be too long now before the club is renamed sk bakke bergen after that captain of yours who does more off the pitch than on the pitch.

then mjelde wins you the league but sure bakke has to get his say in and now mjeldes on the way out.

everton 6-1 brann
    MOLDE 8-0 brann:D:D.

fair play on winning league last year though.bumped into a brann fan on hols in cyprus,bit of banter with posters of nils arne on the wall.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Eh, Lillestrom - Rosenborg 4-2

I rest my case!

Rosenborg champions 1990-2003 consecutively

Brann one title win in 44years haha.

you living in ireland long?many tippeligaen fans around you know of?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭NordicDiver

St.Etienne - Rosenborg 3-0
    biko wrote: »
    I've never seen a Norwegian pub in Ireland, not to mention Scandinavian ones :(

Norwegian pub in Ireland :D Not

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭NordicDiver

koman stabæk

fair play on winning the league,credit where credits due:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Magnus wrote: »
    Is this club still running? There doesn't seem to be much info on the site; anybody here know more about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Aard wrote: »
    Is this club still running? There doesn't seem to be much info on the site; anybody here know more about it?

It is still running, although the membership is mostly retirees. Myself and my Norwegian girlfriend went to one of their pub evenings and felt quite out of place.

There is a good size population of Norwegians in Dublin, as the turnout for the 17. Mai parade this year has shown. I am clueless as to any Rosenborg fans here though, it's not my sport. I'm the man that can be found wandering around Oslo in a Leinster rugby jersey on any of my visits (and hitting O'Reillys if my trip coincides with a rugby international) I doubt we'll ever see a Norwegian pub in Dublin though, but some of the city centre pubs are doing a pretty good impression of one with the price of a pint...

• Advertisement
Advertisement