Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will you be election night?

Options
  • 05-10-2008 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭

I'm sure a few of us electoral college geeks have already planned their night for Nov 4th 2008 :D

I'll be at home with my dad, it's something we've been doing together for a few years now, kind of a tradition. I imagine the usual course of events - me rambling on about the voting trends of white women under 40 in Ohio or somesuch and he patiently nodding while trying to remember why he agreed to this - will take place.

''Next!''

Comments

Way too early yet to be planning this methinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,265 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

im in a new town. ill probably capitalise on any public election party to score a young one and infiltrate the local cliqué :)

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

Myth wrote: »
    Way too early yet to be planning this methinks!

i've already booked the 5th off work so i can stay up as late as needed to see the outcome :) Will probably watch it at home with my Dad. A friend of mine told me something about a bar in town that will show it and serve soft drinks after hours for the die hards! Don't know any more details about that yet though

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I'll be at home. I believe I've got a conference call scheduled about an upcoming Afghanistan jaunt.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

i'll have moved to america by then. any chance they'll give me a free ticket out if mccain/palin win?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

i'll have moved to america by then. any chance they'll give me a free ticket out if mccain/palin win?
    Yes, you can get a free flight to Gitmo, provided that you can spell two words: "Obama" and "terrorist."

;);););););)(gov.sarah@yahoo.com)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

. any chance they'll give me a free ticket out if mccain/palin win?

Yes, but only to Canada.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

You worried about the riots?

The only riots will be from northern florida to louisiana if Obama wins.

Maybe in Massechuesets [can never spell that] if McCain wins. I'd like to see a riot there, people throwing their ... neckties, or something at cops.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Got invited to a wild house party of independent registered university students. No Republicans, Democrats, or third parties allowed. Doesn't mean we don't have favoured candidates, just no registered party affiliation. They have a wide screen telly to watch the debates. Admission is a six pack or a plate of food at the door, and a playful attitude. Know where I will be a bit before 6 PM PST Tuesday. I might even watch the debates... Ha!:cool:

• Advertisement

CtrlSource wrote: »
    i've already booked the 5th off work so i can stay up as late as needed to see the outcome :) Will probably watch it at home with my Dad. A friend of mine told me something about a bar in town that will show it and serve soft drinks after hours for the die hards! Don't know any more details about that yet though

Still none the wiser on this. Not sure if such an event even exists.

Does anyone know anything planned for a venue in Dublin? i think it would be cool to hang out with a bunch of enthusiasts in a pub, or at a party as the States are being called :)

If nothing comes of this maybe a Politics forum beers would be in order!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

CtrlSource wrote: »
    Still none the wiser on this. Not sure if such an event even exists.

Does anyone know anything planned for a venue in Dublin? i think it would be cool to hang out with a bunch of enthusiasts in a pub, or at a party as the States are being called :)

If nothing comes of this maybe a Politics forum beers would be in order!

I was just about to suggest that! So instead I second it!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I have my college matriculation dinner that evening, so I will probably end up back in the college common room watching things unfold (especially considering I dont have a TV). Should be fun. Not intending on making lectures on the 5th.

I third a politics forum beers.

White Horse pub on the quays?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭BenjAii

The beers idea is great in theory, but one drawback ?

It'll be a tues night/wed morning & the results won't really start coming until after midnight - where will be open that late ?

banquo wrote: »
    I third a politics forum beers.

White Horse pub on the quays?

Is that an early house?
    BenjAii wrote: »
    It'll be a tues night/wed morning & the results won't really start coming until after midnight - where will be open that late ?

That's why i'm trying to find out about this place that is allegedly going to stay open serving soft drinks after hours...

Advertisement