Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intermittent connection issue

• 05-10-2008 3:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I started playing cod4 pc version recently and I have this issue where sometimes I cannot see any servers or connect to any servers. While other times it is just fine. E.g. was playing yesterday no problem could connect via in game or xfire etc. Today when I refresh I get nothing and if I try to connect to servers directly I just timeout. I have tried increasing the connection time before timeout but to no avail.

Any idea what can cause such an intermittent problem?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Hmm just went into a neighbours unsecured wireless and was able to see servers but went back to my own network and could not again.

Router is upstairs I may get a wire and see if that helps.

Any local network settings which would prevent me from seeing servers like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Few questions

Are you playing over a wireless connection?

Have you opened up the ports on your router and added them also to your xp/vista firewall?

Have you checked punkbuster is working correctly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Hi Dingatron. Thanks for the reply.

Yep i'm on wireless. PB seems fine. The firewall seems fine but what I did just a while ago was open 28960 on the router here and I seemed to be able to connect then.

I will see if it continues to work. I was a bit thrown by the fact that it was fine one day and then not working the next!

Advertisement