Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overcrowded Cork South Ring Road?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Originally Sarsfield and Bandon Rd werent even signallised!

Although since I've moved to Galway, having nine roundabouts on the ring road is worse!

as I say IF people could drive properley and couteously, there'd be no need for the lights....

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

“The NRA has given its approval for the tender process to proceed for these two strategically important interchanges on the N25 South Ring Road network. I understand the plan is to have contracts in place later this year, with construction on the interchanges starting next year. This is tremendous news for Cork City and County.

“The completion of the Kinsale road interchange in 2006 had a hugely positive impact on the South Ring road network. The real benefits of that investment, however, were never going to be realised until the interchanges at the Bandon road and Sarsfield road roundabouts were developed as well.

“Once these new interchanges are completed, the South Ring Road will be a critical piece of infrastructure and will be an important asset for the region. I have no doubt but that the investment in these interchanges will pay a rich economic dividend for Cork in the years ahead. The interchanges will also make daily life so much easier for thousands of Cork commuters.

“I very much look forward to seeing progress on the development of these two key interchanges in the period ahead. I wish to compliment Minister Noel Dempsey and the NRA for supporting this critical project for Cork,” concluded Deputy McGrath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

Meanwhile the public transport network in Cork is exactly the same as it was in 1988.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭BluntGuy

Meanwhile the public transport network in Cork is exactly the same as it was in 1988.

They only recently got the double-decker buses back, which are utitlised very poorly from my experience.

Advertisement