Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right Hand Lane at Rice Bridge

• 05-10-2008 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

Are there any plans to do anything about the right hand lane coming off Rice bridge into town? I have to go into the town by that lane as I go up Summerhill and it's a complete disaster most evenings but particularly on a Friday evening.

People want to turn tight down by Guiness and sometimes only one per green light gets through resulting in the tailback not moving at all. They steadfastly refuse to go up Summerhill and its infuriating.

They should block off the right hand turn at peak hours or something and it might help.

Even a small roundabout or ANYTHING might help.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

That whole bridge area is a mess in general. Turning down right does seem a bit stupid alright, should be blocked altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Yeah, I agree. They should block it off altogether. I suppose the tyre place might object to that though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Yeah, I agree. They should block it off altogether. I suppose the tyre place might object to that though.

There is another slip road to it not that far away. Plus, id say say most people go that route (as there business catchment would be mostly Waterford city) then approaching via Ferrybank.

Would be great to see a major revision of that area. Train station area is especially bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

if ppl think outside the box, take the next right down mary street and drive round the block and yer there, same difference really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

Road works there this eve, maybe they're doing something about it?

Whatever, no doubt they'll cock around with it a few times, spending too much money, as they usually do when trying to fix junctions.

It always seems to be a 'try it and see' solution with Waterford City Council - displaying their usual ineptitude in traffic handling. Whoever is in charge of that really doesn't deserve their job.

A.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

I come in accross the bridge every morning and traffic would be improved if the could stop people turning there, the only question is, if they do that will we just move the problem 100 feet up the road to the next junction.....

Me too. Build a roundabout there then! One with proper, correct priorities and lanes, unlike the station one.

The junction's probably not quite big enough, so they'd have to build out into the river a little, so thats probably why they won't do it.

A.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

alinton wrote: »
    Me too. Build a roundabout there then! One with proper, correct priorities and lanes, unlike the station one.

The junction's probably not quite big enough, so they'd have to build out into the river a little, so thats probably why they won't do it.

A.

That and I'd imagine they want to see how the bypass affects traffic coming in/out of waterford before they spend any extra money on road dev in waterford

alinton wrote: »
    Road works there this eve, maybe they're doing something about it?

Seems to be pipe works rather then fixing the junction im afraid!

Cabaal wrote: »
    That and I'd imagine they want to see how the bypass affects traffic coming in/out of waterford before they spend any extra money on road dev in waterford

Ah good point, that will of course reduce the traffic at the bridge considerably.

However the right turn thing to Grattan Quay will still be a problem. Maybe a right filter light might then be used.

A.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Cabaal wrote: »

possibley, but i reckon just no one in city hall is bothered about it..

Advertisement