Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Palin says Obama pals with terrorists

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

This opinion peace by Jean Kennedy Smith doesn't help his case.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/opinion/2008/1006/1222959409718.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭The Raven.

Craft25 wrote: »
    All Obama has to do is sit back and look presidential while his democratic allies dig up McCains past, such as the Keating affair (which is new to todays electorate!!)...

Well he was pretty well exonorated on the Keating issue and was also re-elected shortly afterwards, so it’s unlikely to have much effect now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

here's Bills take on the Ayers issue.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-az8NAs4ig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Craft25

The Raven. wrote: »
    Well he was pretty well exonorated on the Keating issue and was also re-elected shortly afterwards, so it’s unlikely to have much effect now.

worst mistake of his career i believe he called it, says alot for his judgement - it will have an effect as it will be new news to most people.. unlike the ayers stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 45,912 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

For someone with such close ties to people who don't even want Alaska to be part of America, she should keep her mouth shut on the associates of others.

She appeared an an AIP convention, telling them to keep up the good work, and her husband was a member of the party for 7 years. She has shown support for a group that want a state, her state, to be no longer part of the USA - what business does she have being one of the leaders of America?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

This woman is dangerous. Now inciting racism and violence against reporters.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/06/AR2008100602935.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Trojan wrote: »

wow he absolutely burned her in that piece.

The real problem I have here with smear campaigns is that they are REALLY effective. See the Swift Boat campaign last election. The Democrats took the high moral ground and didn't respond to that. What happened? Bush had a 9 point turn around and Kerry's campaign tanked.

Fsck the high moral ground - I hope Obama's campaign are a lot more savvy than Kerry's.

The real problem I have here with smear campaigns is that they are REALLY effective. See the Swift Boat campaign last election. The Democrats took the high moral ground and didn't respond to that. What happened? Bush had a 9 point turn around and Kerry's campaign tanked.

Fsck the high moral ground - I hope Obama's campaign are a lot more savvy than Kerry's.

Ha ha. Don't bet on it, not with Michelle Obama around publically bitch slapping her husband.

"I have some difficulty reconciling the two images I have of Barack Obama. There's Barack Obama the phenomenon. He's an amazing orator, Harvard Law Review, or whatever it was, law professor, best-selling author, Grammy winner. Pretty amazing, right? And then there's the Barack Obama that lives with me in my house, and that guy's a little less impressive," she told a fundraiser in February 2007.

"For some reason this guy still can't manage to put the butter up when he makes toast, secure the bread so that it doesn't get stale, and his five-year-old is still better at making the bed than he is." New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd reported at the time, "She added that the TV version of Barack Obama sounded really interesting and that she'd like to meet him sometime."

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Front_Page/JB26Aa01.html

Not with his VP pic saying he should have picked Hillary.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/09/biden-hillary-a.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

ah just silly rumours....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Ha ha. Don't bet on it, not with Michelle Obama around publically bitch slapping her husband.
    How ridiculous to perceive that as negativity. That is simply a "Barak is a normal guy just like your husband" soundbyte.

If they didn't have quotes like that he'd be called out for being out of touch with common life.

GuanYin wrote: »
    How ridiculous to perceive that as negativity. That is simply a "Barak is a normal guy just like your husband" soundbyte.

You mean "my husband is as incompetant as yours."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

Yeah, what are you trying to stir?

Nobody's perfect, that includes Michelle and Barack; Cindy and John.

Yes of course, because McCain makes his own bed, cleans the kitchen afterhim and is the model husband.

Just ask Carol McCain nee Shepp what a great husband he was. I believe he was having extramarital affairs while she was crippled after a car accident.

He attributed his infidelity to selfishness and immaturity, he later used these traits as an excuse for the Keating affair.

Of course, none of these things really make a difference to whether anyone should vote for them, I just wanted to highlight how idiotic your comments are.

He was in the military, of course he knows how to make his own bed.

The point of the quotation was that no one really knows who Obama is, not even his own wife. I'm not sure that my comments are as idiotic as your reading of them is.

Ok, fair enough.

But you admit he's been a bad husband. And if he can't be trusted to stay true to his wife when things are bad, how can we trust him when things in our country are bad.

In fact, if we're going to go down the road of political sniping and dirty tricks that YOU seem to want to turn this board into, lets play your game. John McCain has already betrayed our country to our enemies by talking under torture in the POW camp. Sure, it didn't have any consequences, but he swore and oath to defend our country, and he broke that oath when he gave the enemy military information. Sure he was tortured, but he still broke his oath when times were bad.

When his marriage hit trouble, he broke the oath of marriage, when he was in trouble in the war he broke his oath.

McCain has a history of betraying his country his wife and breaking oaths to both.

Right? You agree because if you didn't you'd be exposed as having an incredibly hypocritical position and a horrible case of double standards.

Cos I mean, thats what you were saying when you put literal non-contextual weight to Michelle Obama's comments so you must feel the same about McCain, right?

Now I think this is where we draw the line under this kind of nonsense. I don't want to see anymore of this kind of tabloid crap on these boards metrovelvet.
    The point of the quotation was that no one really knows who Obama is, not even his own wife. I'm not sure that my comments are as idiotic as your reading of them is.

Then say it intelligently and clearly instead of leaving vague inflammatory crap on these boards.

I would like to reply to this but it would be off topic. Can you suggest where we can continue this? Because it has strayed from the point being that the Obama camp will do there own sabatoage to their own campaign. You have brought the discussion to two different places: one being about who can honor contracts and the other one being about bringing tabloid to the boards, where in fact Michelle's quote was taken from the NY Times. [I don''t believe there is a list of media that boards prohibits from posters referencing.}

And who are you to decide what is said intelligently when there is so much idiocy posted on this board. I guess it's only the idiocy you agree with that is ok with you.

I would like to reply to this but it would be off topic. Can you suggest where we can continue this? Because it has strayed from the point being that the Obama camp will do there own sabatoage to their own campaign. You have brought the discussion to two different places: one being about who can honor contracts and the other one being about bringing tabloid to the boards, where in fact Michelle's quote was taken from the NY Times. [I don''t believe there is a list of media that boards prohibits from posters referencing.}

No, I'm telling you that twisting an innocuous interview into something negative is readily equatable to the spurious conclusions I drew on McCain above. It doesn't need to be discussed, its an axiom.
    And who are you to decide what is said intelligently when there is so much idiocy posted on this board. I guess it's only the idiocy you agree with that is ok with you.
    I'm the mod of the forum, it's part of the job so that kinda gives me the first call.

There is great idiocy, just today we closed a ridiculous thread on Palin's son and now I'm telling you to quit the idiocy on pulling a stupid conclusion from a fairly obvious soundbyte.

Honestly, I'm an undecided and was looking at McCain before the Palin event but it's posts like yours that will push me all the way over to the Obama ticket

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Acorn's Las Vegas chapter has been raided on allegations of voter registration fraud. They're a 'get people out to vote' organisation which supports Obama, and he worked with the Chicago chapter for a while.

Bear in mind that as far as I know, Obama is not affiliated with this particular chapter, and has nothing to do with its activities, such tenuous links have been brought up against the Republican side so I figure fair's fair.

Besides, there's always that one person or two who'll claim the Republicans will rely on dirty tricks. Anyone who thinks that either side has no supporters willing to take liberties is deluding themselves.
    Secretary of State Ross Miller said the fraudulent registrations included forms for the starting lineup of the Dallas Cowboys football team.

"Tony Romo is not registered to vote in the state of Nevada, and anybody trying to pose as Terrell Owens won't be able to cast a ballot on Nov. 4," Miller said.

NTM

• Advertisement

No, I'm telling you that twisting an innocuous interview into something negative is readily equatable to the spurious conclusions I drew on McCain above. It doesn't need to be discussed, its an axiom.

No. I disagree. It should be discussed. And no it is not axiomatic - and yes even axioms -especially axioms need to be discussed.

I'm the mod of the forum, it's part of the job so that kinda gives me the first call.

Well then you should be more equitable and responsible. Or there should be a job desription as part of the sticky that declares what is considered tabloid and what isn't and what is permitted to be referenced and what isn't.
    There is great idiocy, just today we closed a ridiculous thread on Palin's son and now I'm telling you to quit the idiocy on pulling a stupid conclusion from a fairly obvious soundbyte.

The Asia Times article I posted a link to refers to an interview with Maureen Dowd of the New York TImes, it is in no way classifiable as a soundbite. And as for "pulling a stupid conclusion" [and by the way, you draw - not pull conclusions] that is only your unqualified opinion.
    Honestly, I'm an undecided and was looking at McCain before the Palin event but it's posts like yours that will push me all the way over to the Obama ticket

You give me an awful lot of power. It's ok I feel the same way about liberals. Their behavior,particularly during campaigns, is so disgusting that even if I agreed with any of them I'd be embarrassed to be one.

No. I disagree. It should be discussed. And no it is not axiomatic - and yes even axioms -especially axioms need to be discussed.

Well then you should be more equitable and responsible. Or there should be a job desription as part of the sticky that declares what is considered tabloid and what isn't and what is permitted to be referenced and what isn't.

You're missing the point. I'm TELLING you we're not going that route. The same way I told another poster that rumors and slurs against Palin's family would not be tolerated.

The matter is closed. Post again off topic and you'll be banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

"I have some difficulty reconciling the two images I have of Barack Obama. There's Barack Obama the phenomenon. He's an amazing orator, Harvard Law Review, or whatever it was, law professor, best-selling author, Grammy winner. Pretty amazing, right? And then there's the Barack Obama that lives with me in my house, and that guy's a little less impressive," she told a fundraiser in February 2007.

"For some reason this guy still can't manage to put the butter up when he makes toast, secure the bread so that it doesn't get stale, and his five-year-old is still better at making the bed than he is." New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd reported at the time, "She added that the TV version of Barack Obama sounded really interesting and that she'd like to meet him sometime."
    I'm a little lost. Are you trying to say that those comments are negative? I think you're missing the really obvious intention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭The Raven.

Metrovelvet, I must say I find the article on this link you posted very interesting and very well written. I makes a refreshing change from other circulating gutter press revilement. Oswald Spengler is a very intelligent and incisive writer who provides much food for thought. This piece is well worth reading.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Front_Page/JB26Aa01.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

This woman is dangerous. Now inciting racism and violence against reporters.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/06/AR2008100602935.html

+1 on that and the MSNBC video you linked to was excellent - pretty much said everything I'd like to say to Palin if I got the chance. Problem is, the women has no shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You misread the point.

I know how to change my oil: that doesnt mean its something I wouldn't prefer to pay someone else to do. I sneakily suspect Mr Mavericain has hired the odd maid - and from his take on immigrants, she was probably a hot latina.... oh, I need to visit that site again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

the republicans partys links to vote fraud arn't tenouos

How to deal with a Fox news reporter (video towards the end):
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/08/robert-gibbs-confronts-ha_n_132842.html

Respect to Mr. Gibbs for taking it to their home field and beating them

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

When his marriage hit trouble, he broke the oath of marriage

Actually according to fox news he was a POW so he can do what the dam he pleases.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saDewF41rJI

• Advertisement

Hobbes wrote: »
    Actually according to fox news he was a POW so he can do what the dam he pleases.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saDewF41rJI

McCain himself rejected the use of Vietnam as an excuse for his infidelity.

All that said, I think you missed my point somewhat :)

Advertisement