Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lion King

Options
  • 05-10-2008 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hey,

Has anyone gone to see the Lion King?

Im going during Mid-term to see it in London! Was meant to be going to see Wicked again, but the seats were too expensive ol so i was looking into other matinee performances and came across the Lion King. Videos on youtube look class, hope its good!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I've heard great things about it. The only person I know who wasn't totally blown away by it was my sister. She thought it was good but didn't think it was like wow.

Everyone else I've spoken to about it thinks it is just amaaaaazing. I am jealous! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Yep, I went in May and it was fab. The opening scene, especially, is amazing, and the costumes are just great ..particularly the elephant :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Sligo 2008

Go see the Lion King in London it's class!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Niamh-17

Well i saw it on Wednesday and it was absolutely amazing! I truly enjoyed every mintue of it. The special effects were incredible and the costumes, lighting, sets.....everything was fantastique. Favourite scenes were circle of like, endless nights, i just cant wait to be king, the stampede can you feel the love tonight, hakuna matata....ok its endless! Acting/singing was sooo good! I would definetly recommend it to anyone interested in going to see a show in London :D

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭styer

Glad you enjoyed it, it is an excellent show, the visuals are just brilliant, really entertaining show for the whole family

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Saw it on broadway. the only disapointment was the fact that i knew the story.

other then that, would recomend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i went to see it in london about 3 years ago.

i went being dragged by my heels i really thought it would be crap.

ohh how was i wrong. it was fupping excellent and the whole production and the musical score were sublime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 businesswizard

Yup!
    Its one of the best, if not the best.
    Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Abhay

Yep, I went in May and it was fab. The opening scene, especially, is amazing, and the costumes are just great ..particularly the elephant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Horses for courses I guess cos I literally slept through most of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Heading to London in the morning. Will hopefully pop by this tomorrow night.

If it's any way as good as the film, then it'll be great.

Heading to London in a few weeks and really hoping to take this in. There are a few musicals I want to check out over there, hopefully though this time I'll get a chance to.

Advertisement