Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refunded Fees

Options
  • 05-10-2008 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi,
    I started a course at the end of September in Mountjoy Square, but I've seen now it is definitely not for me. I'm going to drop out, but does anyone know if I'm entitled to be refunded my registration fee of €900?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 namesRhard

I'm pretty sure you're not :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

seanvox wrote: »
    Hi,
    I started a course at the end of September in Mountjoy Square, but I've seen now it is definitely not for me. I'm going to drop out, but does anyone know if I'm entitled to be refunded my registration fee of €900?
    Thanks

I think i read in the reg book that if u quit before end of oct you will get ur money back. I'd just go up to the reg office and ask them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

If you leave before the end of OCtober you wont have to pay the fees for the next course you do. YOu will still have to page registration fees again but not the 2000+ the government pay for. If you leave before christmass you pay half fees next time and if you leave after christmass you pay all fees next time.

Pretty sure you dont get registration fees back. Go to the offices and ask because you will need to notify them that you are leaving anyway to avoid fees next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

If you leave before class starts you get everything back.
    If you leave after class starts but before 31st of october you get everything minus an admin charge of 60 euro.
    If you leave after 31st october but before semester 2 you forfeit the 900 capitation.

Its not good enough to tell the lecturers you are leaving either - you have to go and tell registrations.
    Also if you withdraw before 31st October you can use the free fees on a different programme.

Details are here: http://www.dit.ie/media/StuRegs.pdf

Advertisement