Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband for Apartment...

Options
  • 05-10-2008 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Looking for advise on internet for my new apartment.

At home we have always used Eircom with no issues however in my new apartment - although its wired for a phoneline I don't want a landline. If I want a wired broadband service (ie not one of the boxes you plug straight into your PC/laptop) will I need to still pay line rental to do this? I want myself and my girlfriend to be able to use out computers separately.

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

ALL services can be used with WiFi adapter/Ethernet to a number of PCs, no matter if Fibre, phone line, cable, 3G/HSDPA, Fixed Wireless, Metro, Ripwave etc...

If you don't want a phone line:
    Fibre, UPC Cable (foermerly Chorus/NTL), Metro and Breeze are better choices.

3G/HSDPA and Ripwave are usually better than Dialup, but not in same league as services listed above.

Advertisement