Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is neo geo emulation possible on PSP?

Options
  • 05-10-2008 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭

just wondering how well it works? i tried it out but couldnt get it to work(something about BIOS not found)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    just wondering how well it works? i tried it out but couldnt get it to work(something about BIOS not found)

Yes it works, and amazingly well. So does the neo geo CD, capcom play system 1 and capcom play system 2 emulators. You need to have bios. Just google neo geo bios and you will find them.

Its been a while since I set these emu's up but as far as I remember it goes like this:

If you have a phat psp (old version) then you need to download the non-slim version of the emu. That comes with a cache creator (you have to create a cache file in order for the games to run). Also, you must have the mame versions of the roms. Once you have the roms, the cache files and the bios in the right place it will work.

If you have a slim psp there is a special slim version of the emulator that does not require a cache file (since the slim has 20mb extra ram). You still need the mame version of the roms and the bios.

You should check out the capcom play system 2 emulator, its the best of them all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

It works perfect, I never have it off my PSP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

animaX wrote: »
    Yes it works, and amazingly well. So does the neo geo CD, capcom play system 1 and capcom play system 2 emulators. You need to have bios. Just google neo geo bios and you will find them.

Its been a while since I set these emu's up but as far as I remember it goes like this:

If you have a phat psp (old version) then you need to download the non-slim version of the emu. That comes with a cache creator (you have to create a cache file in order for the games to run). Also, you must have the mame versions of the roms. Once you have the roms, the cache files and the bios in the right place it will work.
    If you have a slim psp there is a special slim version of the emulator that does not require a cache file (since the slim has 20mb extra ram). You still need the mame version of the roms and the bios.

You should check out the capcom play system 2 emulator, its the best of them all!

sounds a little tricky but ill give it a try soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

Thats the joy of the internet. if you can't do anything google it. And read up. Emulators can be a bit fiddly at first. But once you understand them its not to hard to sort out. In no time you'll be playing Metal slug on your PSP.

Advertisement