Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Race for the First Division

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Des wrote: »
    Difference is though, our players have bottle.
    Yeah, and you never doubted them for a second Desmond.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57478674&postcount=9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,960 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

ibh wrote: »
    Brilliant goal from Mulvenna, but should also memtion the terrible, cynical tackle that took him out of the game, and could rule him out for the rest of the season.

http://vimeo.com/1966683

As bad as the foul in last week's win in Athlone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Still all to play for. Dundalk are only a goal behind us. Could be all change by 10pm Friday night.

Hopefully not though! :D

I must say, belter of a run in. Quality entertainment, unlike B*hs cheating their way to the Premier title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

http://vimeo.com/1966683

As bad as the foul in last week's win in Athlone?

Can’t see it in work. What tackle are you talking about??
    I must say, belter of a run in. Quality entertainment, unlike B*hs cheating their way to the Premier title.

Please don’t try and start having your usual rant about Bohs in this thread as well.
    It’s enough to stop me reading practically all the recent threads on EL topics. Get over it ffs. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

unlike B*hs cheating their way to the Premier title.

Would you like some curry sauce with your chips?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

sqeeky bum time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

1-0 tonight. Keeps us ticking over. Excellent performances last two games. Waterford to beat Dundalk next week and us to beat Longford to put us in control going into our tough final 3 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Nicely done gents, table reading good again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,960 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Well, Dundalk's to throw away as they've a much easier run-in. :(

Waterford getting 2 points back from their last match with Athlone?

• Advertisement

Waterford getting 2 points back from their last match with Athlone?

They got them back.

Another absolutely clownlike decision from the FAI.

Delaney looking after his own.

Precedent (Bohs playing McGuinness vs Shels 2006) says that Athlone should have been docked, and nothing to Waterford, and no replay.

FAI is corrupt. Delaney must go.

I'm fúcking livid over this.

Expect it to go to court if Waterford beat either Shels or Dundalk to the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Never a dull moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I can't fcuking believe this.

Meh, Dundalk should be in the PD so.
    We should have it down as we won the league by 3 points in 2006 too.

FAI corrupt fcuking cnuts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Thats me done with my international block booking and my merchandise purchasing. Annoyed doesn't even come close :mad: The one positive maybe is that it doesn't change what Dundalkhave to do on Friday, ie leave the RSC with the 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Decision has not been made yet ... case still being heard!

Thats me done with my international block booking and my merchandise purchasing. Annoyed doesn't even come close :mad: The one positive maybe is that it doesn't change what Dundalkhave to do on Friday, ie leave the RSC with the 3 points.

Changes Shels completely! I was hoping for a Waterford win on Friday, now it's a draw I want.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

With Galway's win at Richmond tonight I think I would die laughing if Galway survived again and Dundalk didn't go up.

That or stay as far away as possible from Maxi...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

What's the story with these extra 2 points??
    Protest if given? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Yet another burning issue regarding Dundalk and Waterford.

Crazy, outrageous and stupid decision if this actually comes to pass.

Indo piece
    Independent.ie
    Forfeit to boost Blues' title push

By Neil Ahern
    Tuesday October 21 2008

WATERFORD United have been handed a fresh boost in their push for the Eircom League First Division title after it emerged that Athlone Town fielded an unregistered player when the two met earlier this month, writes Neil Ahern.

As a result, Athlone are expected to forfeit the game, which ended in a 0-0 draw, meaning the original result will be overturned and Waterford United will be handed a 3-0 victory.

An FAI spokesperson last night confirmed this in accordance with regulations in the Participation Agreement and said, "The matter has been issued to the independent disciplinary commission and they will make their decision."

The Blues are four points off Shelbourne and Dundalk but if the commission's decision goes their way they will climb to within two points of the summit.

- Neil Ahern

©Independent.ie

FAI pretty much saying they are handing the points to Waherfur.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Indo piece

Not so ... they are handing it over to the diciplinary commission as they do not want to make the decision on it themselves. Cant go into details but its not as cut and dry as it looks.

• Advertisement

Surely it will be Athlone who will be deducted points rather than Waterford given an additional 2 points? Isn't that the way they've dealt with cases like this in years gone by?

Pighead wrote: »
    Surely it will be Athlone who will be deducted points rather than Waterford given an additional 2 points? Isn't that the way they've dealt with cases like this in years gone by?

Yes, and both Shels and Dundalk have suffered from it.

Didn't Shamrock play an illegal against you lot? Bohs did to us. Claimed their fax machine was broken, or some other lie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Indo piece

Lol don't believe anything that clown Ahern writes*

* He's my best mate :D

Yes, and both Shels and Dundalk have suffered from it.

Didn't Shamrock play an illegal against you lot? Bohs did to us. Claimed their fax machine was broken, or some other lie.
    Yep, we drew with Rovers a couple of seasons back and it later transpired that they had played Shiels illegally. They got deducted points, we didn't gain any.
    Have the rules been changed since then?

The FAI will claim that it hasn't happened since they took over the running of the league, so precedent doesn't apply.

Here's the FAI Rulebook on the issue
    RULE 86. INELIGIBILITY
    1. If a player takes part in an official match despite being ineligible, his team shall be sanctioned by forfeiting the match and paying a fine.

2. If a player takes part in a friendly match despite being ineligible, his team shall be sanctioned by forfeiting the match and paying a fine.

3. Unregistered Players and Suspended Players are deemed to be ineligible

So, they are sticking by their own rules it seems.

It still doesn't make it right.

edit: It will probably be awarded as a 3-0 win for Waherfur, which will affect the GD column too, I'd imagine :rolleyes:

The FAI will claim that it hasn't happened since they took over the running of the league, so precedent doesn't apply.

Here's the FAI Rulebook on the issue

So, they are sticking by their own rules it seems.

It still doesn't make it right.

edit: It will probably be awarded as a 3-0 win for Waherfur, which will affect the GD column too, I'd imagine :rolleyes:

Cheers for the explanation Des, that clears up my confusion. But as you said, it still stinks.

At the same time, Dundalk have ****ed themselves over with their recent ****ty form and we should be so far ahead that this shouldn't even be an issue. Going to have to go down there on Friday evening and take out our frustrations on them.

Dundalk have ****ed themselves over with their recent ****ty form and we should be so far ahead that this shouldn't even be an issue.

Yeah, it's called "bottling it". You should be used to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jEJLy34RBQ

This dundalk fan has a nice green bottle in the start of the clip

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Yep, we drew with Rovers a couple of seasons back and it later transpired that they had played Shiels illegally. They got deducted points, we didn't gain any.

Ah yes, the ban from his CHF days whose games were expunged, but not bans...

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/features.php?id=7

Sixth and seventh paragraph..

Anyone up for a unique Maxi threat? Hoax terrorist attack message posted to Abbottstown or an anthrax hoax?:D

• Advertisement

dfx- wrote: »
    CHF

:D:D

Loved that one

Well were back top and all in our own hands. Dundalk have limerick and athlone at home and last fixture to kildare away. Easy enough run in. Can we bottle it again. Win 3 games we win the league.

squeaky bum time again :D

Limerick and Athlone won't be easy, as for Kildare you'll notch up you're goal different. Our last 4 are some what alot harder, Longford, Fingal, Waterford, Limerick.

I don't think they will to be honest.

Kildare will be as tough as any other game as it's the last game of the season.

NO games are definite anymore, this is gonna be a tense game today.
    Take the one nil.

So that's Shels, Fingal and Waterford twice all beaten by Dundalk in the last 9 games. Not bad for a team of bottlers. Over to your lot now................

It's completely in our hands now , especially with two home games left.
    One thing i think we can all agree on is thank god Waterford wont go up , as much as Delaney wants them too.

Sarge wrote: »
    It's completely in our hands now , especially with two home games left.
    One thing i think we can all agree on is thank god Waterford wont go up , as much as Delaney wants them too.
    He'll find some way to get them back in the hunt Sarge. There was a mass brawl last night at half time between all the Waterford and Dundalk players and staff. Delaney will probably claim that Waterford convincingly won the melee and therefore should be given an additional 9 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Town v Shels is off btw.
    http://www.ltfc.ie/news/article/?id=9c996530-ed40-4b05-aaf4-5594e1795d04
    rescheduled for Monday at 6.

So that's Shels, Fingal and Waterford twice all beaten by Dundalk in the last 9 games. Not bad for a team of bottlers. Over to your lot now................

Aw yes, but you can't beat minnow teams like Limerick, etc...
    kerash wrote: »
    Town v Shels is off btw.
    http://www.ltfc.ie/news/article/?id=9c996530-ed40-4b05-aaf4-5594e1795d04
    rescheduled for Monday at 6.

Very unusual time for a Bank Holiday, would have thought around 3 or 4.

• Advertisement

Very unusual time for a Bank Holiday, would have thought around 3 or 4.
    Aw, had you plans?
    There's usually a carboot sale on a bank holiday at Flancare;):D I say that's the reason.

kerash wrote: »
    Aw, had you plans?
    There's usually a carboot sale on a bank holiday at Flancare;):D I say that's the reason.

Nop, but they could have been easily moved. Just it might affect our crowd down there, there was 4 buses going down today (taking 150 people), about 15 getting the train I knew of and probably loads driving, so it might be affected now it's changed.

Speaking of 'bottling it', Shels are 1-0 down at half time in the flan siro.

Speaking of 'getting excited too early' Shels are now 1-1 in th eflan siro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Final Score
    Shels 2 - 1 Longford
    :D:D:D

Yep the 1-0 was nice while it lasted, some lovely football and I have to say one of the best atmospheres at a match in flansiro this season.. Bar our goal, Jason Oladeles shot tipped over the bar by the keeper was a real highlight, would have loved to see him score. Fun to see keeper Neil Gallagher up the pitch for a corner at the dying minutes ;)

• Advertisement

Didnt make the game but let me say as always **** Freeman the diseased basterd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Just back there. Great second half performance. Top of the league :)

Fun time ahead. Match on Thursday is crucial for us to get our goal difference up.

Good show gents.:cool: Really quality performance, a performance of champions to say the least.

The oul Longford locals are nice fellos, ended up leaving my mates girlfriend in tears after being hoped in the town.:rolleyes:

The inhabitants of the town barring a few good souls leave a lot to be desired.... Hope she is ok Gavin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement