Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Race for the First Division

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,960 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Same old crap from the shels.

Same old eh?

You're following your club 6 months. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Same old crap from the shels. As usual you never fail to entertain:rolleyes:
    Let me know when you have lost that chip on your shoulders

We have terrible support wont dispute it, but i just love how we annoy you so much

I also think you would want to ask questions about your own support considering the club that you are. Not greatest to be honest.

oh and i paid 15 and got 15 back. What the others did has nothing to do with me.

Sorry shels fans, but you should let people take the pee out of you and take it, don't slag back! :rolleyes:
    Looks like lamper doens't mind dishing it out, but can't take it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

In all honesty Lamper is a cnut of the highest order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Some of the twelve Fingal "supporters" were among the people who took a fifteen euro refund having paid only a fiver or a tenner.

That is the behaviour of a scumbag.

I'm sure a lot of the shels fans didn't take the refund and they'll also pay tonight.

• Advertisement

Quint wrote: »
    I'm sure a lot of the shels fans didn't take the refund and they'll also pay tonight.

Me included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Des wrote: »
    Some of the twelve Fingal "supporters" were among the people who took a fifteen euro refund having paid only a fiver or a tenner.

That is the behaviour of a scumbag.

:eek: Serious? That's disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

SantryRed wrote: »
    How does it feel that your scummy clubs with it's scummy fans robbed our club blind last night in getting full refunds for concession rates.

Cnuts.

well if Shels were in complaince with licencing and handing out tickets / receipts like they should be this wouldn't have happened.....

well if Shels were in complaince with licencing and handing out tickets / receipts like they should be this wouldn't have happened.....

This is very true.

Is ticketing a First Division Licence requirement?

I genuinely don't know.

And I don't know how we've been getting away with it for so long.

I see an FAI Head at every game.

I do know that earlier in the season we had looked at starting a ticketing system, but the plans were seemingly never put into action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

This is very true.

I genuinely don't know.

And I don't know how we've been getting away with it for so long.

I do know that earlier in the season we had looked at starting a ticketing system, but the plans were seemingly never put into action.

It was for us. All you do is hand someone a numbered ticket with the price they paid - no requirement to print new tickets per game.

I'm astonished with all that has gone on before at Shels that the FAI aren't all over this. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Shels or Sporting Franchise... I have to admit I'm conflicted on this one. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I genuinely don't know.

At a bare minimum, you can request a receipt for the price of entry. This is more to do with consumer issues though.

An FAI representative must attend all LOI games. They usually drop in, get the details and then head off. Sometimes though, they stay for the whole game, and have official FAI reports to submit after.

Apparently it's either tickets or operational counters on the turnstiles.

We have turnstile counters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Same old eh?

You're following your club 6 months. :rolleyes:

When you have heard it so many times its gets very old very soon.
    Sorry shels fans, but you should let people take the pee out of you and take it, don't slag back! :rolleyes:
    Looks like lamper doens't mind dishing it out, but can't take it

I started it off as a bit of football banter. But as usual some shels fans dont have a sense of humor. I was only responding to to some of the replies i received. Fail to see how that shows i cant take it.
    I see you failed to restrain yourself from commenting, a bit rich telling shels not to.
    hunter164 wrote: »
    In all honesty Lamper is a cnut of the highest order.

Now thats getting a bit personal. Attack the post not the poster.

Love how the amount of away supporters is dwindling with every post. There was about 40(not including dundalk). Crap i know. No arguments there.

Heard that some shels supporters did the same when getting refunds.

I guess the fact i said i was happy you didnt go out of business fell on deaf ears. Focusing on the negative again i suppose.

As i said i will be happy to pay the 15 again tonight. It all helps the league in my opinion.

This cnut hopes its a good game anyway. :D

I started it off as a bit of football banter. But as usual some shels fans dont have a sense of humor. I was only responding to to some of the replies i received. Fail to see how that shows i cant take it.
    I see you failed to restrain yourself from commenting, a bit rich telling shels not to.

I thought the replies were funny. Anyway, as I said, it still looks like you have no problem taking the piss out of the shels fans, and as soon as they have a go back it's not banter anymore and they all have chips on their shoulder!
    And I thought it was pretty obvious I was being scarcastic when I told shels fans not to comment?

I thought the replies were funny. Anyway, as I said, it still looks like you have no problem taking the piss out of the shels fans, and as soon as they have a go back it's not banter anymore and they all have chips on their shoulder!
    And I thought it was pretty obvious I was being scarcastic when I told shels fans not to comment?

Fair enough mate. apologies for any misunderstanding. I dont mind the stuff about crap crowd, franchise and any other banter like that. Its fair enough.
    Most of what was said was that way. But not all had a tone of banter. And i think my replys may have sounded more angry to you than i actually was. I think you took up the tone of what i was saying and how i was saying it incorrectly.

Fair enough mate. apologies for any misunderstanding. I dont mind the stuff about crap crowd, franchise and any other banter like that. Its fair enough.
    Most of what was said was that way. But not all had a tone of banter. And i think my replys may have sounded more angry to you than i actually was.

Yeah. The crap crowd and franchise stuff is banter tbh.

Christ knows Shels suffered with the crap crowd stuff for years (not that you'd know anything about that, the n00b that you are :p).

But the stuff about the little scrotes, Shels and Torpedo alike, taking the fifteen quid refund having paid only a tenner, or even a fiver in was angry.

I'm still angry about it, in fact.

Little bastards.

Now thats getting a bit personal. Attack the post not the poster.
    Meh, all Franchise fans are cnuts of the highest order.

Yeah. The crap crowd and franchise stuff is banter tbh.

Christ knows Shels suffered with the crap crowd stuff for years (not that you'd know anything about that, the n00b that you are :p).

But the stuff about the little scrotes, Shels and Torpedo alike, taking the fifteen quid refund having paid only a tenner, or even a fiver in was angry.

I'm still angry about it, in fact.

Little bastards.

You should be. I wont defend them. I cant defend them.

And yes i am a noob. I should have followed this league earlier. But hey better late than never.
    We are going to stuff yous tonight:D:p

Meh, all Franchise fans are cnuts of the highest order.

And some shels fans have a big chip on their shoulder. your turn

• Advertisement

And some shels fans have a big chip on their shoulder.:P your turn

Fancy a Half Time Pint?

And some shels fans have a big chip on their shoulder. your turn
    I've no chip on mine, just despise you.

Fancy a Half Time Pint?

Cheers for the offer. But the chances are my niece might be with me.
    Enjoy the match.

I've no chip on mine, just despise you.

But you dont even know me. I could be your bestest friend and now your just going to miss out on that. Maybe through our friendship we could unite the two teams, Sporting Shels, Eh Shelingal, em the fingalian shels. It could be so cool.;)

But you dont even know me. I could be your bestest friend and now your just going to miss out on that. Maybe through our friendship we could unite the two teams, Sporting Shels, Eh Shelingal, em the fingalian shels. It could be so cool.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Entertaining match, pretty we didn't win. Still top by 1 point.

Amazing crowd aswell 1,144, with about 40-50 Dingle fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Entertaining match, pretty we didn't win. Still top by 1 point.
    Flood should've buried it!
    O'Brien hit the ****in post!
    Still... no regrets...

Shocking first half in fairness. Much better second half. Shels where the better overall but we did have some good chances ourselves to win it. Liked the message at the beginning very good to be fair.

Unbeaten against yous in the league boys. Two points droped not good.
    Waterford and limerick still to come. Its going to be tough.

I think you will have to put up with us next year:pac:

The franchise, the dingals, the torpedo franchise, the sh*t council club, The replacement for shels.

The itch you just cant scratch.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

GET IN THERE!! :D

Ok just looking at the table, unfortunately Shels superior GD to ours is gonna make it that little bit tougher. Simply put, for us, we have to bet Shels by 3 clear goals to move ahead of them in the league, and then just match their result on the final day to finish ahead of them.

If we win by 2 goals, then we must beat Monaghan by 2 more goals then Shels do against Limerick. If we win by a single goal, then we must beat Monaghan by 4 more goals than Shels do against Limerick. Either that or hope they drop even more points!

So anything less than a healthy win for us against Shels or else we're going into the final match needing both them and Dundalk to drop points.

The situation with Dundalk is awkward too. If Dundalk lose either one of their final two games (which is certainly not outside the realms of possibility) then we finish ahead of them with 6 from 6 against Shels and Monaghan. If Dundalk draw a match, it comes down to GD again, and again that will be seriously close. As as tonight Dundalk's GD is 4 better than ours.

All I know is Waterford vs Shelbourne on Friday night is going to be HUGE!

• Advertisement

Shocking first half in fairness. Much better second half. Shels where the better overall but we did have some good chances ourselves to win it. Liked the message at the beginning very good to be fair.

Unbeaten against yous in the league boys. Two points droped not good.
    Waterford and limerick still to come. Its going to be tough.

I think you will have to put up with us next year:pac:

The franchise, the dingals, the torpedo franchise, the sh*t council club, The replacement for shels.

The itch you just cant scratch.:p
    No mention of your wight full?

I don't know what his name was, but his actions are an absolute disgrace.

Do you know what name he called the shelbourne, and LoI legend, Mark Rutherford?

No mention of your wight full?

I don't know what his name was, but his actions are an absolute disgrace.

Do you know what name he called the shelbourne, and LoI legend, Mark Rutherford?

Presume you are talking about the incident at the corner to our right. I think you are talking about Gannon. Havnt seen much of him this season. It tended to be Tyrrell at right back for us. Couldnt quite make out what happened.

it seems something happened when they where on the ground and then it kicked off a bit.
    Did the lad say something to mark?

Did the lad say something to mark?

He called him a "n" word.

Seriously:eek:. Bang out of order

Seriously
    Yes
    Bang out of order
    Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Current odds for 1st Division Title from Boylesports

Dundalk 10/11
    Shelbourne 11/10
    Waterford Utd 7
    Sporting Fingal 50

Despite Dundalks monumental fcuk ups over the past month we're still favourites to win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Fingal seemed to have the better chances last night. Interesting game, especially with so many bookings. I'm almost surprised that no one was sent off.

It should make the last two games very interesting indeed.

McAllister hit an absolute cracker and Muprhy shoudla scored when he hit the crossbar. Shels should have won. Only heard about the right back now :O What a cnut.

Best of luck to Athlone this weekend.

Not sure who they're playing though. ;)

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Best of luck to Athlone this weekend.

Not sure who they're playing though. ;)

ffs,about ten to go and dundalk are SEVEN up.

it's over.

But.

gd only counts if Shels draw two games and dundalk lose in Newbridge.

so it could have been 700-0 and it wouldn't have mattered, and this result puts Waherfur out of it.

Dundalk back on top, with one game to go.

shels two points behind with a game in hand

Tomorrow : Waterford -v- Shels

Sat 15th

Kildare County -v- Dundalk
    Shels -v- Limerick 37

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I just want to see Dundalk top the league to see what reason is given as to why they won't be promoted.

amacachi wrote: »
    I just want to see Dundalk top the league to see what reason is given as to why they won't be promoted.
    Apparently.

Dundalk play on an artificial pitch.

The "grass" is 70mm long.

Premier Division requirements are 63mm

this could cost them, if they can't find the money to re-lay the pitch, they can't play in Oriel in the PD next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Great result. About fcuking time we filled our boots. Should have the goal difference sorted now if it becomes an issue.
    Great Oriel send-off for John Flanagan. Great servant to the club and a hell of a RB. I wouldn't swap him for any other full back in the league. 5 goals a season is a hell of a lot for a defender, especially when he's not a 6 footer.

Apparently.

this could cost them, if they can't find the money to re-lay the pitch, they can't play in Oriel in the PD next season

Tbh, we'll worry about that if we are in the PL next year!!! Looks like any easy solution. Cut the fcuking grass!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Just back from the match , and A great way to end the season at home. Also a great send off for John Flanagan at oriel park. I cant help but feel bewildered as too how we can play like this one game and then lose the plot in the next game. Pressure really is on Shelbourne now. Either way I shall be ringing into work sick next Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Apparently.

When were those regulations brought in do ya know? And where are the measurements taken from? I doubt it's from the bottom of the furrows on some of the feckin pitches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Bottlers 7 Athlone 0!

Looking good for Dundalk. Never thought I'd say this but thank you very much John Delaney for awarding those two additional points to Waterford last month.

Those points mean that Waterford have something to fight for tomorrow evening against Shels. Without the points they'd have been out of the title race and would probably have rolled over tomorrow evening. Big ask now for Shels to win down there. A Waterford win would leave us only needing a draw in our last game. Come on Waherfur!

It ain't over for us, obviously an Athlone victory would've been the perfect scenario but that was never likely to happen. Dundalks extra GD is a serious sucker punch though.

It's pretty simple now, we need to beat Shels, beat Monaghan and hope Dundalk lose to Kildare. Even after that, we need to gain some extra GD ahead of Shels. At the moment, they stand at +29 and us at +23. That may seem like too much with only 2 games to go, but that could seriously swing after tomorrow night. Even a 2-0 win for Waterford would bring us up to 25 and Shels down to 27, plus we've scored more goals if it comes down to that.

For Shels, 2 wins and they're promoted. Simple as. If they get 4 points from 6, they'll lose out if Dundalk beat Kildare, but get promoted if that ends as a draw or a Dundalk defeat.

If they get 3 from 6, it will come down to GD if Dundalk/Kildare ends as a draw. That's where tonights win was a huge boost for Dundalk. Shels GD is 29, but Dundalks has jumped up to 34. In other words, if Shels lose tomorrow night, a draw will do for Dundalk in the last game of the season. Obviously, anything less than 3 from 6 for Shels is pretty much it for them this season.

First things first though. C'mon Waterford!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

The trouncing of Athlone helps us in a way.

Waterford now out of it:D

Roll on tomorrow night

SantryRed wrote: »
    The trouncing of Athlone helps us in a way.

Waterford now out of it:D

Roll on tomorrow night

I know our chances are pretty slim, but it's still the same situation. We knew before tonight we needed both Shels and Dundalk to drop points if we were to be promoted. That hasn't changed, all that tonights meant is that Dundalk have one less game to do it.

Deise,

Kildare have a play-off to avoid relegation now. They are not gonna try next week v Dundalk.

It's game over for the Blues. It's a two horse race. Maybe Waterford will decide it by denying Shels, if not it comes down to the last day and Shels-L37.

And **** me but L37 are the form team. :mad:

Dundalk are massive faves atm. :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement