Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

power supply and graphics cards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

come on guys, :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Place has died a bit lately, hasn't it?

Anyway, yeah you could technically use the case/psu/hard drive/dvd drive again, but personally the only parts I'd recycle would be the optical drive - the rest are going to be both old and outdated, the optical and hard drive are probably IDE, for example. At a guess I'd hazard the PSU is 300w or thereabouts, not sufficient for even a modest gaming machine these days.

That upgrade kit you've selected does not feature any video card, so there's no way of knowing what one you're talking about, graphics cards have wildly different power requirements. If you meant can you use your old graphics card, then no, the old board is an AGP one. If you're not gaming, you can get a bog standard pci-e card for about 20 euro anyway that'd be sufficient for any normal day to day tasks, just not for gaming.

It's a pretty weak upgrade kit anyway, for the same price you'd nab a more powerful Intel equivalent...those upgrade kits are nearly always a waste of time. Not always, but mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

the site as gone very quiet, alright.

that means i would be better of just buying a new pc.

thank you very much for your reply

Advertisement