Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2nd Hand car prices.

Options
  • 05-10-2008 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭

A relative is planing on selling their car. They bought it 8months ago from a dealer. It's a Red 2000 VW Polo 1.0,3 dr 57k miles, alloys, very good condition. They paid around 4,500 for it which seems steep. Anyway the person has decided to go travelling in new year and so is gonna sell car. I have heard 2nd hand prices have collapsed recently. I looked on autotrader for my relative who has no internet but prices seem to vary widely for similar cars. How much could my relative reasonably expect to get in this market and will they get more before new year or after xmas? Do 2nd hand car prices hold up in recessions?
    Cheers in advance.

Comments

Advertisement