Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One of the worst ads on tv..back again

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

Defender tries to kick opponent in the nuts.
    Misses.
    Boot goes up forwards ass.
    Studs get stuck. Cant remove boot.
    Forward going to need expensive boot extraction surgery.
    Defender facing big compensation bill.
    Hope he has insurance !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Echelle

Yes kind of guessed as much, but the likliehood of this happening is surely extremely remote. Any incidences rercorded? The grimace of the victim is particularly off putting.

Just looked at adf again:the other players boot is caught to the front of the grimacing player so what exactly is going on. My husband cant understand either..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I have two much more perplexing questions:

1. Why the hell would anyone want to put that on YouTube?
    2. Why the hell would anyone go searching for that on YouTube?

Well, this ad had been off tv for a long time so when i saw it again I just checked with youtube to see if it was there so that i could share the sheer awlfullness of it. I certainly was surprised to find it posted on Youtube. so if you are insinuating it was me .. it was'nt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Just watched it.....I think his boot may have actually got caught in the other fellas jap. Well its either that or that guy doesn't have "man bits"...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Seriously...
    Echelle wrote: »
    Yes kind of guessed as much, but the likliehood of this happening is surely extremely remote. Any incidences rercorded?
    IT'S AN ADVERTISEMENT.......

IT'S ENTIRELY FICTIONAL!

Get over it people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

It's a deliciously surreal criticsm on the perceived homo-eroticism within modern sport which serves as a reflection on the male ego in everyday life and how he has been forced to hide it under fear of riicule from his peers (hence the ref).

FBD - ****ed By Darren

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Echelle wrote: »
    Well, this ad had been off tv for a long time so when i saw it again I just checked with youtube to see if it was there so that i could share the sheer awlfullness of it. I certainly was surprised to find it posted on Youtube. so if you are insinuating it was me .. it was'nt

I wasn't insinuating (I love that word) that you put it up, I was just wondering why you went searching for it. Not exactly a much sought-after piece of televisual brilliance, I would imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    It's a deliciously surreal criticsm on the perceived homo-eroticism within modern sport which serves as a reflection on the male ego in everyday life and how he has been forced to hide it under fear of riicule from his peers (hence the ref).

FBD - ****ed By Darren

Well, like , Doh!
    Its not as if the OP needed to be told the obvious.
    He was clearly looking for a more advanced insight into the ad as a fundamental question of existential pain and the real key to its thesis : where exactly does the boot go and how deeply?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Sandwich wrote: »
    Well, like , Doh!
    Its not as if the OP needed to be told the obvious.
    He was clearly looking for a more advanced insight into the ad as a fundamental question of existential pain and the real key to its thesis : where exactly does the boot go and how deeply?

Well, the Op should have made that clear! And judging by trends in today's metrosexual enviroment, the boot goes in very deep, but the studs are the important bit, because they're quiet soft, stopping just short of penetration

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Oh my god....maybe there is a hidden meaning to it!!! Maybe the boot is like the society of "real men" (shaving with blunt razors, drinking absinthe as a mouthwash etc) being smashed into the world of the metrosexuals (boot connecting with the guys manbag). What exactly its saying from there is completely lost on me.....

Advertisement