Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Over valued for VRT - ROS

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

esel wrote: »
    I am interested in your appealing theory, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter. 99% of posters are not, and would not. :pac:
    No point getting crabby with me, Dougal, take it up with your maths teacher.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Blunder wrote: »
    So Back to my original question, Are emmissions a basis for appealing the price of the VRT?
    If you could prove that the VRT charged was based on an incorrect CO2 figure then yes. It's not the actual CO2 emmissions of that particular car that count, though, it's the registered figure for that exact model of car.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Would you have grounds for appeal based on the Level of Emmissions?

I bought a car recently up the north. I checked the ROS website for the VRT before I bought the car and it stated the VRT at €1,800 with the emmissions at 129g/km(I think). All was fine and Dandy until I went into the Tax office to pay the VRT and yer one said that there was a slight difference in the emmissions on the MOT cert and the VRT enquiry. The MOT cert stated the emmissions as being 168g/km. This put the VRT up to €2,800. After some haggling and changing of details the price came down to €2,500. After this I went back to the Manufacturer of the car to check what their emmissions are and also the manual in the car and they both state that the emmisions to be 129g/km.I was thinking of getting the car checked somewhere for the emmissions to see what they are coming up to be. Since this I have had the car back to the dealer due to a problem with the Exhaust system of the car and I was thinkin this may have lead to an incorrect reading in the MOT.

So Back to my original question, Are emmissions a basis for appealing the price of the VRT?

Whats the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

I bought a car recently up the north. I checked the ROS website for the VRT before I bought the car and it stated the VRT at €1,800 with the emmissions at 129g/km(I think). All was fine and Dandy until I went into the Tax office to pay the VRT and yer one said that there was a slight difference in the emmissions on the MOT cert and the VRT enquiry. The MOT cert stated the emmissions as being 168g/km. This put the VRT up to €2,800. After some haggling and changing of details the price came down to €2,500. After this I went back to the Manufacturer of the car to check what their emmissions are and also the manual in the car and they both state that the emmisions to be 129g/km.I was thinking of getting the car checked somewhere for the emmissions to see what they are coming up to be. Since this I have had the car back to the dealer due to a problem with the Exhaust system of the car and I was thinkin this may have lead to an incorrect reading in the MOT.

The co2 figures are in section 4 of the V5 document. You can also get a COC for the vehicle. You should also take a look at http://www.vcacarfueldata.org.uk/search/search.asp for co2 figures. The MOT is not the relevant document.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Just appeal this. Manufacturer figures are the one that should be used to determine VRT.
    Don't let your hardly earned money just going through the window like that.

Period mate, do it!
    1000 euro is 1000 euro...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

dunser wrote: »
    I checked with all Merc Garages here and they could not even give me a 2006 C 200 for that Price.

Tell this guy to chill out with his prices
    Plenty of 2006 C200 on Carzone for less than 30k, and it is overpriced with the current situation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

dunser wrote: »
    The Dam VRT ...... Yesterday I got my VRT quote on web as being €10k, they did not have the specific model on their list but guess what its on it today and its €2k more. What feckin .........

I'd say you're still 8-10k ahead. Best of luck to you with what sounds a bona fide bargain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭Blunder

The Car is a mini cooper 1.6. The point was made to yer wan that the emmissions on the VRT website were 129g/km but she said that they had to go by any evidence that was provided to them as the website was just a guide and the MOT test cert had the emmissions at 168g/km. I'm definately going to appeal it but would just like to get some evidence together to back up the claim. The ROS website has a fairly comprehensive FAQ item for this senario however i think the emmissions are really high for this car at 168 if that is what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The Car is a mini cooper 1.6. The point was made to yer wan that the emmissions on the VRT website were 129g/km but she said that they had to go by any evidence that was provided to them as the website was just a guide and the MOT test cert had the emmissions at 168g/km. I'm definately going to appeal it but would just like to get some evidence together to back up the claim. The ROS website has a fairly comprehensive FAQ item for this senario however i think the emmissions are really high for this car at 168 if that is what they are.

What year is it?

According to parkers the emissions are 166 for the 01-06 and 129 for the 06 on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭Blunder

Oh right, Its a 02 alright. I'll have to check then so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭dunser

hey guess what, went down today to pay vrt and it now comes in at €12,889, they have now manages to add another 900 quid for all the extras, There was a gut there with ford Mondeo with loads of extras but they did not even inspect his car, They are such a shower of .........................

I am going to launch an appeal tomroow, i need to get some prices for garages for same car

Advertisement