Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fixie chain tension...

Options
  • 05-10-2008 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

I have been trying to get the chain tension on the bowery to a nice tension, however, when i get the tesnion right then go to tighten the bolts back, the rear wheel gets pulled to the right and is no longer centred. I eventually got the wheel on tight and centred, then after tightening the chain tensioners, felt the chain, only to feel it was way to tight... so i was wondering,

is there a set order in which i should tighten the bolts, maybe chain tensioners first?

...and how tight do you guys run your fixie chains?

Thanks in advance,

A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

the bearded one always has the answer...

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/fixed.html#tension

make sure you find the high spot on your chainwheel and set the tension there

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Anzer123

ta for the help dudes...think its sorted...i used my flip flops inserted at either side between the wheel and the chain stays to help keep it centred while i went to work with the spanner! seemed to have done the trick...and the chain is nice and tight but no too tight from what i can make out! obviously i took the flip flops out before trying her out....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

Anzer123 wrote: »
    the chain tensioners

there's your problem

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Anzer123

flickerx wrote: »
    there's your problem

...do go on....

• Advertisement
Advertisement