Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital photo camera - 30FPS shooting

• 05-10-2008 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Many digital cameras of the photo variety take video also but my one seems to record at 30fps using some kind of JPEG codec.
    When I try to edit it together with the intention of the clips eventually going to DVD there is frame stutter due to the 25fps coversion.
    What can I do with this 30fps footage and why is is stored in such a strange fps?. There are no settings to change this and the footage is already taken.
    Any help?.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭afatbollix

most normal video is 24 fps so yours is more better quality than normal cameras.. maybe its your software what are you using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

Hey there, it might be better quality.
    But I need to find a way to convert it to 25fps ultimately.
    Other wise the 30fps appears to stutter when the camera pans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

you could try mpegstreamclip (free and available for both mac and pc). In the export options you can select a new frame rate. If your still not happy with the restults try it with frame blending turned on when exporting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

decob wrote: »
    you could try mpegstreamclip (free and available for both mac and pc). In the export options you can select a new frame rate. If your still not happy with the restults try it with frame blending turned on when exporting.

Good call, it's working well.
    Thanks

Advertisement