Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TomTom Mapshare offline??

Options
  • 05-10-2008 8:57pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if TomTom mapshare is offline at the moment?
    I havnt recieved any updates & it always shows mapshare changes a 0 :eek:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Go a reply from TomTom on this issue. Basically it say they have disabled MapShare while they carry out maintenance on their servers. Mapshare will be operational when the problems are resolved....

Doesnt sound good does it???

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

..yea, doesn't , they tryin to push TT users to buy maps updates :mad:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Or maybe thinking of making it a subscription ... :mad:

...taken from Tomtom official site as news dated 06 this month:
    '...
    Oct 06 2008

TomTom Map Update Service™ ensures up-to-date maps for all users at all times
    6 October 2008 – TomTom, the world’s leading navigation solutions provider, today reveals its new Map Update Service™.
    The Map Update Service is available to all TomTom customers, with prices starting from £7.95 per quarter*, depending on the model of TomTom device. Through this service, users can conveniently download new map releases through TomTom HOME, TomTom’s free desktop software, as soon as a new map becomes available.
    New maps become available every quarter for the duration of a user’s subscription, and each map incorporates all changes in the road network that have been validated by Tele Atlas...'

all rest of this c**p is here http://www.tomtom.com/news/category.php?ID=4&NID=601&Lid=1

They should be free. After all its the Mapshare users that are doing all the work for them

• Advertisement

you're right ...
    the best way is just 'upgrade' tomtom with 'home-made' firmware and use the newest, 'downloaded' maps :):):)

Its back up & running toady 13092 updates in use :)

did u get any mapshare updates today ??? i'm using TTHome v.2.4, have navcore 8.51 and UK and Ireland maps v.8.10 installed on my TT go920 .... and still looks like mapsare's down :(:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭mossie

Just a point on TomTom and MapShare, I emailed their so-called "support" about the fact that their maps (latest 810 version) still have no townlands. Their answer paraphrased - "Tough. Our maps are 99% accurate, fix it yourself with map share". My understanding of map share is it's to submit corrections not fill in the blanks that TomTom/ Teleatlas couldn't be bothered with

I think its a great solution for tomtom. We are doing all the work for them

• Advertisement

mapshare is BACK :D:D:D

Advertisement