Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*Fordyce's spots & pearly penile papules*

• 05-10-2008 9:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi there.
    I'm wondering does anyone else have these? For those unfamiliar, you can read about them at the following links, which have graphic images of penises which you might not enjoy:

<snip - pictures extremely NSFW and not allowable: if posters wish to see images of the topic Google is your friend>

I'm pretty certain I have both. They are not STI's, and are natural conditions that alot of men have. But they (the ppp anyway) are quite insightly :( I will probably get them removed some time in the future. For the moment I will persevere though.

I'd just like to see how many other males suffer with these afflictions.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭Heckler

Hi Spotty Duck,

I have had pearly penile papules for as long as I can remember. Thought nothing of it (i'm 35 now) till about 3 years ago when I was sitting on the bog reading GQ or FHM or such. They had an article on STI's where they showed a picture of a cock with pearly penile papules and said it was genital warts (HPV) and if you passed it to you GF she could develop cervical cancer.

I was at the time just into a two month relationship. Told herself (whom I'm still with) and went to the doctor. He precrisibed me a cream for a few weeks (warticon) but in the mean time did my own research on the net. When I presented him with photos of pearly penile papules he agreed that was what I had.

Totally harmless. Some grow to a bigger degree than others. If you are that bothered you can have them removed but in essence its like having a mole or a beauty spot. May not look great sometimes but perfectly harmless.

If I understand rightly this site took down pictures of the same. Shame on them if they proport to be a mens health site. EDIT. Just read charter and saw that explicit pics are a nono. Silly rule. Noone looking for titillation is going to be coming to a sexual health forum. Maybe a few sickos lol. The good of posting certain pics would outweigh the bad in my opinion (not that my opinion is worth **** on boards )

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Heckler wrote: »
    Just read charter and saw that explicit pics are a nono. Silly rule. Noone looking for titillation is going to be coming to a sexual health forum. Maybe a few sickos lol. The good of posting certain pics would outweigh the bad in my opinion (not that my opinion is worth **** on boards )
    It's got nothing to do with titillation and everything to do with graphic pictures of genitalia being displayed on a board that many people frequent whilst at work. The rules on pictures are a work in progress and as soon as we decide what is/ isn't allowable we'll let everyone know. Should people really want to see pictures of PPP a quick Google will show you everything you need to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭Heckler

g'em wrote: »
    It's got nothing to do with titillation and everything to do with graphic pictures of genitalia being displayed on a board that many people frequent whilst at work. The rules on pictures are a work in progress and as soon as we decide what is/ isn't allowable we'll let everyone know. Should people really want to see pictures of PPP a quick Google will show you everything you need to know.

I see your point. I hadn't really thought it through. Apologies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

The pictures weren't embedded -- they were on a seperate page and well marked in fairness. Anyways, they're not important

Anybody else got this condition?

Thanks for your contribution, Heckler!

Advertisement