Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile broadband

Options
  • 05-10-2008 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

im thinking about getting mobile broadband,im in collage and need it for my laptop,
    can someone suggest a good provider in the Cork city,and North Kerry regions

How about
    1-Vodafone
    2-3 broadband
    3-O2

any other suggestions are most appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

i'm not sure bit i think o2 is the best out of them but it depends on the location ur usin it

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 bamjames

any body with personal experiences good and bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055115306

O2 generally considered best, however your mileage WILL vary depending on where you live, how many other subscribers are nearby etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

How about
    1-Vodafone
    Worth thinking about, though not the best price.

2-3 broadband
    Don't even think about it. Three are quickly overtaking BT in the "Worst Company in Ireland" category.

3-O2
    Probably your best option. As mentioned, experience will vary on location, time of day, weather conditions, the building you're in, and all sorts of other factors that are completely outside of the ISP's control. The 30 day trial has now ended too, and I don't know if there's any shorter trial or whether you go straight into a 12 month contract or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

jor el wrote: »
    3-O2
    Probably your best option. As mentioned, experience will vary on location, time of day, weather conditions, the building you're in, and all sorts of other factors that are completely outside of the ISP's control. The 30 day trial has now ended too, and I don't know if there's any shorter trial or whether you go straight into a 12 month contract or not.

They now do a 30-day notice contract but the quota is 5Gb/month rather than the 10Gb/month of the normal 12 month contract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

3's 1gb package isn't half bad. i doubt it will work in north kerry though

also use your own hardware - don't buy a modem from them get an unlocked one on the interweb or use a 3G mobile phone. their customer service is a pain in the hole to deal with but you get over that and you might only have to call them once

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

had 02 mobile broadband on the 30 day trial up to two months ago, in west dublin, literally 100yards from an O2 3g base station (clear line of sight).

Had to ditch the service (e270 modem) as I got constant disconnects and flip poor connections (literally dial up speeds) at times. In fairness the tech lads on the support forums did their best... might be the fact I was on a mac (though it was supposed to be compatible).

I'm sure others get great use out of them but I couldn't recommend it, reckon it'd be the same for either of the three companies.

Advertisement