Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Irish men handsome?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,454 ✭✭✭✭cson

No fair!

Someone hit me a slap outside Supermacs that night and I faceplanted the kerb..:(

Damn, you're not blind...

*throws acid in GirlInterrupted's eyes*

Sorted. :cool:

The question is sorta rhetorical, I keep imagining that Tommy Tiernan sketch where someone asks him "How much will you have to drink tonight Tommy?"

A= "I don't understand the question...... A small child of beer?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

cson wrote: »

Damn, you're not blind...

*throws acid in GirlInterrupted's eyes*

Sorted. :cool:

Damn, you're scary! :eek:

You'd be surprised the amount of times people say that to me.

Mental Note: Stop hiding in bushes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Mental Note: Stop hiding in bushes

Mental is right, you should probably pick a less creepy avatar as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Says the man with a secret identity for an avatar....

Also, on topic: I'm fecking gorgeous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Also, on topic: I'm fecking gorgeous.

Yes, me too. I said so earlier in this thread somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

Generally speaking, I think Irish men are absolutely ridiculously good-looking. There's eye candy everywhere. It's wonderful.

PillyPen wrote: »
    There's eye candy everywhere. It's wonderful.

Mmmm my favourite kinda candy :p

Mmmm my favourite kinda candy :p

Mine too!

One thing that makes Irish men really, really good-looking imo is that a disproportionately large amount of them have dimples. I don't know why it is that so many have them, but dimples are an irresistible weakness of mine. Ahhh, Eire...ya done good! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Caballe

SarahSassy wrote: »
    Very few Irish men are what you would call 'Lacoste model' good looking. Their dress sense has improved immeasurably in the last 10 years or so (thanks to Celtic Tiger and Ryanair bringing some competition in by way of foreigners) and this does make them more appealing..

I have had long term relationships with 2 foreign nationalities and while the differences are instersting, I now really enjoy the relationship I have with my Irish man - its all there - sense of humour, kindness etc etc and Irish men are great company in general.... It makes up for any shortfall in looks.

SS

PS - the fella who treats his Irish Mammy well will most likely treat you well too...

I definitely agree SarahSassy.

Irish men are attractive, this is largely due to their wit, thoughtfulness and cop on. *Also manly men are more handsome imo, Irish men tend to be more like this.

*Generalisation warning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Diamond007

My boyfriend is beautiful and completely Irish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

Ah come on, let's be honest most Irish blokes are pretty average looking - bad skin, teeth, hair, poor fashion sense. Everyone's being too nice! Compared to Italian guys, for example, we just don't compare. And I know women that love all those Eastern European guys too. But on the other hand I reckon we're tops personality wise - easy going, with a good sense of humour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Porkpie wrote: »
    Ah come on, let's be honest most Irish blokes are pretty average looking - bad skin, teeth, hair, poor fashion sense. Everyone's being too nice! Compared to Italian guys, for example, we just don't compare. And I know women that love all those Eastern European guys too. But on the other hand I reckon we're tops personality wise - easy going, with a good sense of humour.
    :eek::eek::eek: there's nothing average about them, they rock.:cool:

Italian guys frequently have a sleazy thing going on. Not always, but it isn't uncommon. I think I agree with the teeth thing, but not the skin, hair or fashion! Haven't seen too many Eastern European guys that I thought were rides. Irish men ftw! :D

It is the sparkley eyes Pilly isn't it.
    They are irresistable.

God my spelling sucks :(

Aww, they do have sparkly eyes! My friend and I were talking about that the other day. Sparkly eyes + dimples = teh sexah.

Firefox automatic spellcheck saves my life. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Apparently we regularly beat the latins etc in surveys around europe. Luckily women go more for personality:D

I do reckon it's that we in general don't take ourselves as seriously. I've noticed that in other countries. Latin men tend to take themselves very seriously by comparison. I've done pretty well in those places while being surrounded by greek god types and I've a face like a blind cobblers thumb. It could have been the two socks down the jeans mind....

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Recently speaking to my partners friend ( whom i've never met ) on the phone and upon hearing my accent said '' I could listen to you all day '' .

O Reilly ? :D:o

• I don't think Irish men are great looking on the whole, but they make up for it with charm and personality. Looks only take you so far. My ex was very, very handsome but with that came the arrogance, the attitude that he could have anyone he wanted. My current guy isn't amazing looking (he is good looking though) but he is hilarious, kind, generous and treats me really well. I find that more attractive than any perfect face/body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

...... Compared to Italian guys, for example, we just don't compare. And I know women that love all those Eastern European guys too. But on the other hand I reckon we're tops personality wise - easy going, with a good sense of humour.

Damn right Irish men don't compare to Italian guys. I've spent a lot of time in Italy, and I can safely say that a night spent in the company of most (big generalisation) Italian men is going to be a boring night. They are, compared to Irish men, incredibly image obsessed, and vain to a fault.

I would much prefer to be in the company of an Irish guy, who doesn't take himself - and how he looks - so seriously. A little bit of self deprecation goes a long way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭lottodrink

Wether or not you find Irish men handsome is dependant on what you personally find attractive.

I generally don't care if a guy is bald, short, hairy-backed or mono-browed as long as he's reasonably articulate and most of all, has a sense of humour. Those two things can make the most ordinary, average guy very, very handsome indeed.
    Cant trust a man with a monobrow ;) lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Actually, some Irish men are very handsome.

Pity the majority of 'em suffer from Mammy's Boy Syndrome :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I would consider myself reasonably good looking, but some people don't think I look very Irish. I would agree with the "mammy's boy" thing though, but is that really a bad thing? Would you prefer guys treat their mums badly?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

expecting to be waited on hand and foot *is* treating them badly :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

I have read all this thread and laughed myself silly but the think is Irish men when they are goodlooking they really are gorgous.Like Cillian Murphy,Jonathan Rhys Meyer and my personal fav Pierce Brosnanand Gabriel Byrne.There doesnt seem to be a middle ground they are gorgous or ugly.But Irish men are great craic.ow comes nobodies mentioned sex.How good in bed ar the irish or the foreigners who is better.Let the battle commence.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

I'm going to say no.

I'm amazed how half the lads in dublin have the Girlfriends they do!
    It's not cause of their amazing personality either..

Just a lack of good looking guys..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 mlelsc

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

mlelsc wrote: »
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

True :D

Irish men can be very charming imo they are can be very attractive :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Pity the majority of 'em suffer from Mammy's Boy Syndrome

Whats mammys boy syndrome?

I love meeee oul' one :cool:

I'm weird when it comes to Irish girls.I'm a blue Dub, but amongst my age-group (18-21 say!) its the country ladies I fall for. Something about them, not more genuine as such....I can't describe it. Easier to approach etc., very hard to pin point. homely, perhaps.....but that would bring us back to us all being mammys boys :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

im irish
    im male
    i hope im handsome or im screwed!!!!!!!!!!!11

oh hamburgers

Advertisement