Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Irish men handsome?

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

Osteosam wrote: »
    Oh yes really.... i love a joke with my fellow Aussie single girls who think i'm mad for leaving the country ... that if I am to marry anyone and put up with one person for the rest of this lifetime, it might as well be someone who sounds so damn sexy when they're crapping on... and on... and on... haha.

The thing is there's nothing more annoying than an accent when you're fighting with the person. As sexy as it may be the rest of the time, when you're having a blowout you've never heard anyone talk so stupidly before in your life. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

apprently im getting more handsome the older i get :D...

I think this is quite a common feature of Irish men, They do seem to age quite well in a lot of cases, and often their looks improve with age.

Until of course they reach the point where they are no longer sexy and are simply old and past it...ouch!!

We're not a very good looking nation on the whole, but we do dress reasonably well, and a lot of us keep ourselves particularly well. As we've become a more progressive nation we've dramatically improved also. We often have nice eyes and nice hair, and a lot of Irish men have very good physiques thanks to GAA childhoods etc. We have great personality, and i feel this is why we hold such universal appeal throughout the world. We have great attitudes also, most of us don't give a sh*te, and I think non-irish like that about us.....even if a lot of the brits think we're ignorant fcukers:D. Granted, our teeth can be dodge, but thats cos the state dental used to be woeful; I'm sure it still isn't great!! I think a lot fo us are quite attractive in our own way, a sort of Irish good looks, and we age pretty well also.

So basically, yes we are a handsome race, men or women, on the whole:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Plug-me-in

Men from the North!!!

Phwooooooaaaarrrr........

But then again, it could just be the accent....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I think this is quite a common feature of Irish men, They do seem to age quite well in a lot of cases, and often their looks improve with age.

Until of course they reach the point where they are no longer sexy and are simply old and past it...ouch!!

We're not a very good looking nation on the whole, but we do dress reasonably well, and a lot of us keep ourselves particularly well. As we've become a more progressive nation we've dramatically improved also. We often have nice eyes and nice hair, and a lot of Irish men have very good physiques thanks to GAA childhoods etc. We have great personality, and i feel this is why we hold such universal appeal throughout the world. We have great attitudes also, most of us don't give a sh*te, and I think non-irish like that about us.....even if a lot of the brits think we're ignorant fcukers:D. Granted, our teeth can be dodge, but thats cos the state dental used to be woeful; I'm sure it still isn't great!! I think a lot fo us are quite attractive in our own way, a sort of Irish good looks, and we age pretty well also.

Im irish but my familly is scandinavian ;)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Think I will use this on the introduction page of page of my autobiography ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭thermo66

I think irish men are handsome i just wish they didn't drink so much and that their flirting didn't consist of getting pissed in a pub, staring you out and then stumbling over and slurring something intelligible while staring cross eyed down your top . I know i'm generalising but its such a turn off when guys approach you and their legless and its a pity cos their probably nice guys sober. Whatever about when your 19,20 we're all idiots at that age but the older a guy gets the worse it looks.

My advise to guys approaching girls is to stay reasonably sober (if you want to get a date) and just start chatting but not in an in your face kind of way. Try to be humoursome but not pervy! Comment on the music or the crowd level or simply introduce yourself! Manners will get you far especially as their few and far between in the pub scene. I think girls generally feel like guys are only after one thing these days so if you can make a girl feel comfortable and at ease you'll probably get further.... depending on the girl of course!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Osteosam

PillyPen wrote: »
    The thing is there's nothing more annoying than an accent when you're fighting with the person. As sexy as it may be the rest of the time, when you're having a blowout you've never heard anyone talk so stupidly before in your life. :D

Hmmm, yes, that could be a problem. I suspect the problems i'd be having is firstly understanding wtf they are on about, and then secondly i'd end up laughing... :p haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 eire4life

yeah i am anyway.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

eire4life wrote: »
    yeah i am anyway.

I do believe it was established elsewhere tonight that you're not yet a man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 eire4life

AFTER HOURS IS A LOAD OF TOSS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

eire4life wrote: »
    AFTER HOURS IS A LOAD OF TOSS

And this isn't AH, so your point is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

thermo66 wrote: »
    I think irish men are handsome i just wish they didn't drink so much and that their flirting didn't consist of getting pissed in a pub, staring you out and then stumbling over and slurring something intelligible while staring cross eyed down your top . I know i'm generalising but its such a turn off when guys approach you and their legless and its a pity cos their probably nice guys sober. Whatever about when your 19,20 we're all idiots at that age but the older a guy gets the worse it looks.

My advise to guys approaching girls is to stay reasonably sober (if you want to get a date) and just start chatting but not in an in your face kind of way. Try to be humoursome but not pervy! Comment on the music or the crowd level or simply introduce yourself! Manners will get you far especially as their few and far between in the pub scene. I think girls generally feel like guys are only after one thing these days so if you can make a girl feel comfortable and at ease you'll probably get further.... depending on the girl of course!!

You mean getting drunk and pervy is a turn off?!Damn it,so many wasted nights!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Hub

farohar wrote: »
    It helps to breed out the defective, often, recessive genes and helps to average out extremes, e.g. the oversized nose commonly associated with Jews might have hung in there due to their tendancy to place a high value upon their partners being Jewish also, reducing the available genepool drastically for them.

It's the reason red hair is more common in Irish than most other nations, red hair is recessive, so in more genetically diverse populations it doesn't appear as much.

Incorrect. It's actually more common in Scotland and is in not different to the blonde gene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Hub

farohar wrote: »
    Thinking of the skanger infestation that seems to have set up along most of the east coast I'd say our attractiveness is in rapid decline.:(

In general though I think considering how insular we were until recently we wouldn't have as broad a genebase as in most other countries, this is not good for producing the optimum young (for example we have an abnormally high occurance of cystic fibrosis in our population) so there is a decent chance that Irish people are on average less attractive than those in other European countries.

Wrong. As one of the "old nations" our gene pool is perfectly healthy and normal. Counting the Vikings/Normans/Celts(from Spain and Central Europe) and the fact that the country had 8 million people before the famine (which was a large amount for those days)

However the whole thing about skangers being ungly is true but it's doubtful that it's inbreeding related believe it or not.

Think of it this way. Ugly people will marry ugly people, and good looking people will marry good looking people. They produce offspring. Now the skanger would probably have a bad diet and possibly be a heavy drinker during pregnancy and with a bit of smoking thrown in will affect the kid who will be ugly anyway due to it's parents being fugly

It's easy to see that people who live in rich areas are generally better looking than those who live in ****holes. Probably a lifestyle choice.

Inbreeding does cause defects though. Look at a number of royal families throughout history. A lot of them were bat**** insane/ugly due to this

Advertisement