Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Irish men handsome?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭coillcam

I'm with you on that nightwish. I think we are not a particularly attractive group of men. The scandis are definitely a particularly well formed species from what I've seen.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

molly(",) wrote: »
    i think its 50/50 !!!i:p have seen sum really not so gud looking irish men!! bt in saying dat even the most ugly irish men have the gift of the gab!!! id prefer an irish man to any other nationalty personally !!:D;)

Hi molly, welcome to the forum. It would be appreciated if you didn't use text speak in your future posts as we're not really big fans of it round these parts. Have a look at the charter for more info.

Thanks

Zaph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 nasher

I am a big fan of the irish male ;). Our guys know how to have a mess and a laugh. when ya have been with a guy who lacks the ability to have fun, you realise how important it really is. They don't take hours and hours to get ready and most are completely oblivious to how hot they really are! That is a really attractive quality that most europeans don't possess. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 bumblebee0207

gift of the gab???? i agree, at first i dont appreciate, sounds alot BS(now starting to go out with a nice irish guy), but oh boy:D now its kinda sexy, dont u think ladies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭somethingwitty

Im currently in France and Im very suprised at the lack of good looking men!!!! ?????
    If you see a good looking French guy he is VERRRYYYY good looking, more than a good looking Irish guy, but on avrage I find the Irish guys more attractive!! its a strange one but Ive thought about it and this seems to be the case!!
    I like Irish guys but they should try to wear less tracksuits!!!
    hehe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

I like Irish guys but they should try to wear less tracksuits!!!
    hehe

Ah-ha, so my carefully planned deterance of suitors is working.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Nursy

I hear you my friend... :D I am french and I must agree...
    I have no reasonable explanations for it though....
    Having said that ..anyone from Tonga or Samoa will do...:p
    Im currently in France and Im very suprised at the lack of good looking men!!!! ?????
    If you see a good looking French guy he is VERRRYYYY good looking, more than a good looking Irish guy, but on avrage I find the Irish guys more attractive!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Jimmy saville OBE is credited with inflicting the track suit as a a casual wear on the british public .No coincidence that's he's not very good looking either says moi .:D

But then - beauty -eye - beholder ;)

Didn't realise he was such a style icon:p

latchyco wrote: »
    Jimmy saville OBE is credited with inflicting the track suit as a a casual wear on the british public .No coincidence that's he's not very good looking either says moi .:D

But then - beauty -eye - beholder ;)

Nursy wrote: »
    Didn't realise he was such a style icon:p
    Ah it was the 80s and all that .Thing was he was still wearing them in the 90s and possibly 00's to .

Scousers (liverpudlians) have never forgiviing him since for such a faux pas of fashion ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

In general no, not at all. Good looking Irish men are few and far between.

I am afraid he's still wearing them... saw him on tv a while ago..and he has now added some bling!! Oh dear,he cannot be saved.. But maybe the world can still be saved:eek:
    SOMETHING MUST BE DONE..it can start with Liverpool and then maybe it can reach out to the world!!!!!!
    latchyco wrote: »
    Ah it was the 80s and all that .Thing was he was still wearing them in the 90s and possibly 00's to .

Scousers (liverpudlians) have never forgiviing him since for such a faux pas of fashion ;)

Nursy wrote: »
    But maybe the world can still be saved:eek:
    SOMETHING MUST BE DONE..it can start with Liverpool and then maybe it can reach out to the world!!!!!!
    They already tried that with 4 mop tops but at least they wore proper suits instead of shell suits ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

LolaDub wrote: »
    A lot of men in work would only shower themselves once a week or so and pile on the lynx to cover any odour

That is truly disgusting, I pity you having to work somewhere like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

GingerDaveIreland.jpg

We're easy on the eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Well, I know I AM handsome...

scary.jpg

Yeah but you don't look very Irish. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Irish men aren't handsome in general, but they're a hell of a lot better looking than Irish women, with their lack of exercise and their membership of Curves "gym".

r3739968269.jpg

irishman.jpg

We love an aul pint... or twelve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

Irish men are very very rarely handsome.

However many of them have realised this and have developed character and charm, which can superceed males of other nationalities.

But sometimes, you just want something good to look at.

From an outsider point of view I find the women sort of won with the recent generation of genetics in this country.

• Advertisement

There are Irish men that are real knockouts, attractive in many ways! My foreign born Mum was lucky to marry my Irish Da indeed! Ta' a'thas orm faoi seo!

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Another autobiographical post from Blue La Goon. Can't wait for the next one, I am so enthralled with these instalments of her life in So Cal.

CCCP^ wrote: »
    Well, I know I AM handsome...

scary.jpg

Is that the Bollywood Steve Buscemi?

IanCurtis wrote: »
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Another autobiographical post from Blue La Goon. Can't wait for the next one, I am so enthralled with these instalments of her life in So Cal.

If you have a particular problem with another poster take it somewhere else because we don't want to hear about it on this forum, ok?

Zaph wrote: »
    If you have a particular problem with another poster take it somewhere else because we don't want to hear about it on this forum, ok?

Don't let her post her nonsense on it then. Talk about taking something off topic - happens everytime La Goon gets her say.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

bug wrote: »

However many of them have realised this and have developed character and charm, which can superceed males of other nationalities.

I used to think that this idea wasn't true until I met someone who perfectly encapsulated the other side of the coin. I once met this Italian guy - genuinely, best looking guy I've ever seen in my life but he was just so boring. At first, I thought it was because we were always seeing each other in loud pubs and it was a language barrier. But his French was pretty good (was in France at the time) and when we went to quieter bars, I used to just wish the ground would open up and swallow me with the awkward silences. Jeez it was so painful.

Seriously - I'd go for a half-decent looking Irish guy with personality over a stunning but ultimately brain-numbingly boring foreigner any day of the week (except Sunday, when I gotta take a break ;))

Don't let her post her nonsense on it then. Talk about taking something off topic - happens everytime La Goon gets her say.

If it upsets you that much I can arrange for you not to have to read her posts here if you like?

Zaph wrote: »
    If it upsets you that much I can arrange for you not to have to read her posts here if you like?

I think I'm the only one who does tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

bug wrote: »

QUOTE]

What is your social group?

I think I'm the only one who does tbh

Well your choices are these as I see them:

1. You put her on your ignore list.
    2. You skip over her posts and don't read them.
    3. You continue reading them, but STFU about them, we don't really care about your issues with her.
    4. I ban you from here and it no longer becomes my problem.

Now as I see it, option 4 is the easy way out for me, but tbh I don't like banning people in general unless they really deserve it. So that leaves you with three perfectly good choices, I suggest you choose one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

What is your social group?

What does that mean and what's the relevance?

Advertisement