Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Irish men handsome?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

your group of mates are probably fat ugly drunkards who wouldn't know what its like to exericse. eat kebabs every night of the week and breakfast rolls every morning.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

esteban, this is your one and only warning. Another post like that and you'll be taking a little time off from tLL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

your group of mates are probably fat ugly drunkards who wouldn't know what its like to exericse. eat kebabs every night of the week and breakfast rolls every morning.

what brought on that outburst:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Marty_83394t.jpg

Has Marty made an appearence in this one yet? Well here he is anyway. Prime Irish beef.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Zaph wrote: »
    Well your choices are these as I see them:

1. You put her on your ignore list.
    If only I could do this in real life to these pretentious fake wannabes
    2. You skip over her posts and don't read them.
    I read every post I encounter on boards, whether they be moronic or not
    3. You continue reading them, but STFU about them, we don't really care about your issues with her.
    My Mother raised me to not suffer fools gladly
    4. I ban you from here and it no longer becomes my problem.
    That leaves one option....you know what to do. It's worth it to get La Goon some well-overdue karma for those patronising, boring, self-publicising attention-seeking posts from the imaginary land of "So Cal" where she resides with surfers, Sarah Jessica Parker and <snip>.... :).

Now as I see it, option 4 is the easy way out for me, but tbh I don't like banning people in general unless they really deserve it. So that leaves you with three perfectly good choices, I suggest you choose one of them.

I've outlined your options above - I know which one you will choose. I'm psychic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭iwincosimcool

Zaph wrote: »
    Well your choices are these as I see them:

1. You put her on your ignore list.
    2. You skip over her posts and don't read them.
    3. You continue reading them, but STFU about them, we don't really care about your issues with her.
    4. I ban you from here and it no longer becomes my problem.

Now as I see it, option 4 is the easy way out for me, but tbh I don't like banning people in general unless they really deserve it. So that leaves you with three perfectly good choices, I suggest you choose one of them.

that post made me feel cheesey like dairylea

IanCurtis wrote: »
    I've outlined your options above - I know which one you will choose. I'm psychic.

I did my best to be fair there, but you know you've left me no option. Banned for a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

ah! I see what you're getting at now!

I thought I was going to need to declare my working class status...

Well, I've had varying social groups. But i don't see how it's relevant?
    Are you saying that somehow people that eat kebabs are not as pretty as people that don't? :eek: that's just crazy talk horse.

Being a general observer of people with two seeing eyes in my head and a human partiality to facial symmetry I think it's pretty obvious that Irish men don't tend to fit into that whole handsome bracket.

There is a hell of a lot of people in this country that tend to look like they came out on the rough end of a fight which included a baseball bat.

My opinion is that most of them in this country seem to be men moreso than women.
    I thought perhaps it was just my particular generation, but then I observed the owlone's in the pub of a Sunday night as I tend to frequent with my aged parents, and came to the conclusion that perhaps this genetic phenotype surpasses the generation gap?

thoughts?

that post made me feel cheesey like dairylea

Well that post made no sense at all and left me confused. Please explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

What's all the fussin' and a feudin' about fellas... can't we just get along?

• Advertisement

Passenger wrote: »
    What's all the fussin' and a feudin' about fellas... can't we just get along?

I concur.

Yez. Yizzar bleedin' gorgeous. End of. :D

untitled-2.jpg

And tell me Bug what other magical happy utopia wonderlands have you lived in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Lolz have you been drinking? (I have).
    My own observation on both Irish men and women is that while they may have nice faces their body shape lets them down a lot of the time. There's a lad in my class approaching thirty (from what me and the girls today could figure out) but has the skinny build of a 17 yo. Granted he's not that tall but still. That's better than being too fat though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

On Topic: I feel pretty today - shaved, showered, not hung over, happy days.

Look, just send me your pic and I'll stick it up on hot or not and solve this it's obviously very close to your heart.

I'm not hot...at all.

however the irish like any other nation has mingers, average and good looking people.

But are you handsome? two very different things

oh thats another thing...handsome and being attractive are not something completely different no?

like a clear non crater face smiley face, perhaps dressed smartly would be deemed handsome by a lot of people.

Handsome and pretty are quite different.
    Tough to explain really as it's quite subjective.

will take myself as an example - i've quite a few piercings and stretched lobes. I don't fall into the 'pretty' side of things. However, if I spruce myself up somewhat, I would like to think i fall into the handsome area.

tbh i think any man can be handsome if he puts a bit of elbow grease and smoothes off the rough edges :)

• Advertisement

any man, except for this man

ribery.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

At least he's rich and good at football!

I think a lot of peoples opinions on others are influenced by their clothes. Irish men are slowly becoming more conscious of their appearance imo which helps.

They definitely need to be in better shape though if they want to improve their handsomness lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thebiggestjim

Congrats to the Women on this board. You are showing a lot more class here than the men have on AH with "Irish women are ugly" like threads.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Will wrote: »
    On Topic: I feel pretty today - shaved, showered, not hung over, happy days.
    On another good note I'm having a pretty day today, dunno why, might be the hair behaving for once:D

All of my boyfriends apart from 1 have been Irish, I've never met a foreign man who can hold my attention or make me laugh as much as an Irishman can, and yes I do on the whole think Irish men are handsome, as much as Irish girls are pretty.
    Of course there's a vast spectrum but if you take away the extremes on whole we are quite pretty and handsome..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Congrats to the Women on this board. You are showing a lot more class here than the men have on AH with "Irish women are ugly" like threads.

In fairness though that is AH. You'd get a different response in a smaller forum like BGRH. And a good bit of comedy too.

Personally, i am never surprised at the class shown in tLL. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

My Fella is very handsome, but then again, he looks foreign rather than Irish...

So he is a handsome, foreign looking Irish man.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Yes i think Irish men are handsome because they can have the whole package. Not just good looks but also wit and charm. In my experience men from other countries may be sometimes better looking or more well groomed but they can't make you laugh until you have a pain in your sides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

*going off to the local shopping center to check out all the handsome irish men*

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Nursy

Ahh..ahhh !!! Poor Franck Ribery...
    You'll be relieved (or not) to know he's happily married to the woman below:
    http://www.dontmiss.fr/img200712/franck%20-ribery.jpg

any man, except for this man

ribery.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Nursy

Umm..Interesting..and where would that be....:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::D:D:D
    Kya1976 wrote: »
    *going off to the local shopping center to check out all the handsome irish men*

Advertisement