Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Irish men handsome?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Yes, I'd also like to be directed to the handsome men shop, presuming they do a wide range of single ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Nursy

Oh yeah, thanks for adding this specific requirement...
    Having said that we only have their word. for it... we would need a certification of some sort from the shop...:p
    shellyboo wrote: »
    Yes, I'd also like to be directed to the handsome men shop, presuming they do a wide range of single ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,364 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Nursy wrote: »
    Having said that we only have their word. for it... we would need a certification of some sort from the shop...:p

We have certificates.... somewhere.... hang on, maybe the dog's got it

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

You may find me on sale in said shop.. Shellyboo can vouch for my singleness :D

On SALE??? umm.... sounds interesting but there's always a catch with articles on sale...:p:D
    Shellyboo anything to report???
    Onkle wrote: »
    You may find me on sale in said shop.. Shellyboo can vouch for my singleness :D

• Advertisement

Oh no too bad....and I guess you didn't make copies!?:pac:
    Well in that case I hope we get a discount!?
    Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    We have certificates.... somewhere.... hang on, maybe the dog's got it

Ooh, who do I protect, my mate or the entire female population??

No, kidding... he is indeed very single and very lovely. Definitely a bargain, like finding a pair of Jimmy Choos in the €2 shop. I can also vouch for his general standard of personal hygiene (high), solvency (by which I mean he's not a tightarse), sense of humour (as long as you're not sensitive about really, really, offensive things), and handsomeness (he's a cutie).

Shall I put him on hold for you? We only have the one...

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

actually our football team is god awful looking. aiden mcgeady? robbie keane? damien duff?

Stephen Kelly though? Wohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

What about Shay Given???...
    Generally tho I think some Irish men can look quite Spanish if a bit fairer, esp those from the West and personality wise are more like them too. Irish first, Spanish second... no no no to Italians!!
    Here's a mini list...
    A few good looking Irish men...
    1. Shay Given
    2. Colin Farrell (he even has the bushy eye brows and whether he's your cup of tea or not, he is good looking)
    3. Ditto re that Doyle fella mentioned earlier
    4. The boxer dude... Kenny Egan, very handsome and fit!
    5. Also David Gillick, sprinter, as above.
    6. Jonathan Rhys Meyers... not your average looking Irish bloke, true.
    7. Anyone heard of this dude??? Young Irish actor Christopher Simpson, yum.
    8. Best for last.... Cillian Murphy, say no more (and my fella looks just like him! ;))

Yes, please!!!:pac:
    I presume there's no refund or exchange?:p
    Ah sure I can always sell him on Ebay ...:)

Ooh, who do I protect, my mate or the entire female population??

No, kidding... he is indeed very single and very lovely. Definitely a bargain, like finding a pair of Jimmy Choos in the €2 shop. I can also vouch for his general standard of personal hygiene (high), solvency (by which I mean he's not a tightarse), sense of humour (as long as you're not sensitive about really, really, offensive things), and handsomeness (he's a cutie).

Shall I put him on hold for you? We only have the one...

bazashmawy.jpg
    Chuchu wrote: »
    What about Shay Given???...
    Generally tho I think some Irish men can look quite Spanish if a bit fairer, esp those from the West and personality wise are more like them too. Irish first, Spanish second... no no no to Italians!!
    Here's a mini list...
    A few good looking Irish men...
    1. Shay Given
    2. Colin Farrell (he even has the bushy eye brows and whether he's your cup of tea or not, he is good looking)
    3. Ditto re that Doyle fella mentioned earlier
    4. The boxer dude... Kenny Egan, very handsome and fit!
    5. Also David Gillick, sprinter, as above.
    6. Jonathan Rhys Meyers... not your average looking Irish bloke, true.
    7. Anyone heard of this dude??? Young Irish actor Christopher Simpson, yum.
    8. Best for last.... Cillian Murphy, say no more (and my fella looks just like him! ;))

• Advertisement

kearney_try.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

I dont think so..I dont know maybe Im looking at the wrong men. Only a small percentage of Irish men are handsome I think.

Of course, my boyfriend is in that percentage, because he is actually handsome. I know all women will say this about their own OH, but he really is.

Yes, please!!!:pac:
    I presume there's no refund or exchange?:p
    Ah sure I can always sell him on Ebay ...:)

You can exchange him if he doesn't fit...

(that sounds a bit rude, doesn't it?!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Funny thought; watched a thing on t.v. before about how babies find certain faces more attractive (I assume it's genetics, no deformities, symettrical faces etc) but while having a relatively symmetrical face I have 1 dimple & a crooked smile that has saved me no end of hassle with my fiancee :) a one sided smile avec dimple seems to melt all but the frostiest of angers. Seems to work outside my relationship too (I mean life in general)! yay for looking vaguely rogue'ish! (note I am not up my own bum & am slightly overweight, this is my redeeming feature haha)

My bloke has a dimple in his chin and a puppy dog look that has saved his skin on manys an occasion. Handsome devil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

When I've been to holland (many times), people there seem to be a LOT better looking than here in Ireland, both women & men, not only physically are they generally in better shape (possibly from all the cycling) & better dressed (they really are serious about appearance over there for the most part), but they really do seem to have better bone structure etc too.. I know part of this is that Holland is such a giant cultural melting pot (a bit like the sates I suppoe) as they were heavily involved in the slave trade & anything else to do with ships down the years. That being said, the average & even non average Irish person in my book is generally pretty decent - all my girlfriends have been Irish and (in my book anyways) very pretty..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Umm..Interesting..and where would that be....:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::D:D:D
    ANY shopping center in Ireland will do just put a smile on your face and off you go;)

Hi, hi... yeah I know... He might get offended...
    Ah no worries I am sure he will be a perfect fit:D
    Thanks Shellyboo....
    Right I have to do some work now ....first must polish my nurse outfit...:p
    Ok, I am sure I'll be talking to you all later.

You can exchange him if he doesn't fit...

(that sounds a bit rude, doesn't it?!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Curlypinkie

Shopping centre? Just walk into one of the Spars in the IFSC.... *swoon*. They're everywhere!!! :pac:

My favourite spot is always on Grafton Street, lunchtime. My gawd the amount of hotties...

It is the milky skin, the few (or a lot of) freckles, the mischevious smiles, the sporty bodies (thank you GAA and Rugby)...
    The ridiculously funny sense of humour...
    I could go on and on...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Shopping centre? Just walk into one of the Spars in the IFSC.... *swoon*. They're everywhere!!! :pac:

My favourite spot is always on Grafton Street, lunchtime. My gawd the amount of hotties...

It is the milky skin, the few (or a lot of) freckles, the mischevious smiles, the sporty bodies (thank you GAA and Rugby)...
    yep us swedes do think alike:pac::pac::pac::D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Fantastic spot, worked there for a few months, lunchtime was the best ever... *drool*

The smiles are the best ever! Especially those ones with the eyes! You know the ones where their eyes crinkle up at the sides? Melts my heart! My OH has eyes like that, the best EVER!

Edit:I'm very enthusiastic about my love for Irish men.....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

fonpokno wrote: »
    Edit:I'm very enthusiastic about my love for Irish men.....
    You do realise your PM inbox will be full before midnight...?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

taconnol wrote: »
    You do realise your PM inbox will be full before midnight...?

Hahaha I think too many of them know I'm goin out with an admin!

*sigh* i <3 irish men...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭KateF

Handsome- rarely. Yet, attractive- usually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Sligo 2008

hfg

That's so true

There's NO TALENT in Sligo this year

Oh dear, my heart goes out to you!!
    Sligo 2008 wrote: »
    There's NO TALENT in Sligo this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Irishmen have fantastic personalities, and do clean up nice-- when they clean up! Plus, as a Canadian girl, I adore the accent. The trademark "Irish" look appeals to me anyway (black hair, blue eyes, slight glint of mischeviousness in the eye!).

I don't know. Every Irish guy I've met, good-looking, average, or ugly, has always had a very warm, funny, amicable personality that is just so easy to get along with. So honestly, it doesn't matter if you're "handsome" or not. I'd rather go with a below average guy with a great sense of humour who makes me feel at home than a gorgeous guy who's way too far up his own arse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

liah wrote: »
    Irishmen have fantastic personalities, and do clean up nice-- when they clean up! Plus, as a Canadian girl, I adore the accent. The trademark "Irish" look appeals to me anyway (black hair, blue eyes, slight glint of mischeviousness in the eye!).

I don't know. Every Irish guy I've met, good-looking, average, or ugly, has always had a very warm, funny, amicable personality that is just so easy to get along with. So honestly, it doesn't matter if you're "handsome" or not. I'd rather go with a below average guy with a great sense of humour who makes me feel at home than a gorgeous guy who's way too far up his own arse.

Hey a Canuck! I was there very recently, out in Vancouver, it was really nice!

Advertisement