Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Irish men handsome?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

We've got the charm alright, but looks wise? Not so much. Though there are a fair few Irish actor sex symbols out there. Loads in fact considering how small a population we are.

Even as a bloke walking around Milan and places like you can see that Irish men by comparison are in the tuppeny hapenny place on first look. They're softer round the middle for a start(don't tell the BGRH lads;):D). Dress sense is less stylish here, though I will say your Italian men and many Latin types in general tend to pick a (age dependent) uniform and stick with it. The Italian male need to wear a sweater thrown casually over their shoulders is a mystery to me. They get older and the armani jeans and sports coat is much in evidence. Variability is not really as big as here from what I've seen anyway. They tend to be shorter too. The Dutch and the like tend to be much taller though. Now that said I did pull in Milan so... :D Though I've found that many chappesses in foreign climes thought I was either latin or french for some reason:confused: When asked further it wasn't my dopey head:) Apparently it was my skinniness. They assumed Irish blokes were broader.

I reckon the attraction for foreign types to men and women everywhere are simply the differences. We're kinda programmed to seek out difference for obvious reasons.

I will say this though. Irish men of a certain vintage and stature and girth, should not wear that uniform of long shorts over white stumpy legs. It's as much an affront to style sensibilities as belly tops on a fuller figured lady. Throw in sandals and socks and well.... Just don't lads. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I have to say, as a card carrying penis owner, I enjoy reading this thread :D makes me smile at the end of the day. Thankyou ladies!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Wibbs wrote: »
    Even as a bloke walking around Milan and places like you can see that Irish men by comparison are in the tuppeny hapenny place on first look. They're softer round the middle for a start(don't tell the BGRH lads;):D).

I kinda like that! Tbh I think I prefer someone who isn't completely toned and muscly and like...oiled up in some sort of weight lifting contest or something. Then again I think I'd just have issue sleeping with someone who's in better shape than I am. I'm shallow like that.
    I will say this though. Irish men of a certain vintage and stature and girth, should not wear that uniform of long shorts over white stumpy legs. It's as much an affront to style sensibilities as belly tops on a fuller figured lady. Throw in sandals and socks and well.... Just don't lads. :D

Thank you Wibbs. :D This is why you rock. You are intelligent. I love you Wibbs! *hugs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

fonpokno wrote: »
    I kinda like that! Tbh I think I prefer someone who isn't completely toned and muscly and like...oiled up in some sort of weight lifting contest or something. Then again I think I'd just have issue sleeping with someone who's in better shape than I am. I'm shallow like that.

Thank you Wibbs. :D This is why you rock. You are intelligent. I love you Wibbs! *hugs*

+1 i love a little softness around the middle. I don't find myself attracted to muscley men much in person.

If we're talking about attraction i would say for myself and a fair few other irish women that personality accounts for a lot more than looks and irish guys definitely have a lot of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

I love Irish men!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

MIN2511 wrote: »
    I love Irish men!

Hug for you next time we meet :)

Will wrote: »
    Hug for you next time we meet :)

DON'T DO IT!!!!

He'll call you a short hippo or something similar!

LolaDub wrote: »
    DON'T DO IT!!!!

Am female!
    At least the last time i checked

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Am female!
    At least the last time i checked

I was talking to you min about will! ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It's funny a lot of men think a big muscled bloke is the thing to aim for in the gym. It is but for a fairly small amount of women in my experience. Even very physically toned women seem to go more for the average "fit" guy, yet every bloke magazine has the oul "how to get ROCK HARD abs in 2 weeks" guff on the cover. Is that the only article they write? Seriously, next time in a newsagents find one of those muscle magazines that doesn't refer to "ROCK HAAAAARD ABS!".

Cue Admin type checking out the slow killing for beginners forum... :D
    LolaDub wrote:
    DON'T DO IT!!!!

Ahh that Will chap. They broke the mould with him.:p:D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

+1 i love a little softness around the middle. I don't find myself attracted to muscley men much in person.

It's posts like that that bring joy to the hearts of the slightly cuddlier among us. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

This thread is solid proof that women see way past looks when judging an irish bloke. Its good to see cause I know us guys are alot more shallow. just thought Id applaud ye for that!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Zaph wrote: »
    It's posts like that that bring joy to the hearts of the slightly cuddlier among us. ;)

And Zaph, you are fabulously cuddly! *hugs*

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

As am I :D
    I much prefer a bloke who isfit, healthy and happy then a muscle bound obsessed bloke, and like ****apokemon I prefer not feeling like I have to suck my stomach in when around him..:D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

And Zaph, you are fabulously cuddly! *hugs*

Aw shucks :o

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

GinnyJo wrote: »
    As am I :D
    I much prefer a bloke who is fit, healthy and happy then a muscle bound obsessed bloke, and like ****apokemon I prefer not feeling like I have to suck my stomach in when around him..:D

Same here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Nursy

Ahhh...I can feel the love tonight in the room...
    You are all so sweet...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭bennyblanco

MAybe I'm biased but I would have to say that we,that is to say Irish lads,are deadly.
    I am personally devilishly handsome and infinitely humble to name but a two of my attributes.
    That is all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 LemonyFresh

There are men of every race and nationality who different women will find handsome.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that. What is "attractive" is definable by varying terms from one person to the next.

Also concur with the disinterest in muscly men. It has never done ANYTHING for me. I loves me someone to cuddle. I guess I like "built" or bulky type frames, but an oiled up six pack? Nah

Personally I think there is absolutely no shortage of sexy Irish men populating this little isle. However, can't seem to snare one :o

Tis all relative! :p

I was talking to you min about will! ;)

Ah sowwy :D

My bad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Once you go Welsh, you never go back ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Manties wrote: »

God, I love Welsh men. Well... two Welsh men in particular. But I imagine they're all pretty hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Na it's. Once you go red you never leave the bed!! :P
    Yes I do have red hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Now is that the sexy red? Or that bright orange red ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Now is that the sexy red? Or that bright orange red ;)

Definitely sexy red!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Zaph wrote: »
    The question is - do you consider Irish men to be handsome?

I do because I'm a total ride.

Ok so speaking in general terms, they aren't the most aesthetically pleasing.
    But attraction has little to do with aesthetics, at least for me.
    The suggestion in a pair of twinkly eyes wipes the floor with perfectly proportioned features anyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭keithm1

were an ugly race end of

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Irish Mammy Syndrome; we so ugly only our mammies could love us.:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭ChickCool

eastern european women seem to find irish men attractive,where i live i see the most mucky of men with girls who look like they walked straight out from playboy

Advertisement