Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you liked cooked liver?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

I love it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭and2

used to get liver and bacon in a golfclub restaurant, delish..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭Archeron

I love liver. Although, I bought a kilo of it about two weeks ago, and I completely forgot about it. Sadly, in that time, the plastic bag it was in burst, and all of the blood (which is now really gone off) leaked out and filled one of those plastic sliding containers in the bottom of the fridge.

I opened it and it was about 2 inches deep in blood, and there were actually sausages floating around in it like little boats! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Hate the stuff, kidneys too (taste like piss)...I eat duck liver paté the odd time, but there's enough garlic in it to drown out the taste of the liver, plus it hasn't got that grainy texture. Heart is about the only internal organ I'll eat (knowingly)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I love liver. Only have it about 1 - 2 times a month though.

Oh and I also LOVE marmite!

Hmmm.

/ Runs off to make a marmite and liver sandwich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Wibbs wrote: »
    One of the few things that predators leave alone after gutting their prey is the liver. malignant dumping ground for all the shíte in the body. Ugh horrible.
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Scawgeen

There's three main types of liver sold in butchers shops, lamb, cows (beef) and pork liver. I only eat fresh pork liver that's been recently killed because that's what I like (my local butcher kills his own farm pigs) . The fresher it is the nicer it is. Stuffed sheep's hearts are something we'll all have to get a likeing for if this recession kicks in, and shin beef and oxtails yeuck!!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Wibbs wrote: »
    One of the few things that predators leave alone after gutting their prey is the liver.

I'm no expert but I don't think that's true at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Yeah I seem to remember a documentary on discovery channel about this nutter who lived as part a wolf pack for a while and the liver of a kill was considered the prime bit of meat for the alpha. Him being the alpha of course having previously cooked the liver, wrapped it in plastic and stuffed it back in the carcass of the animal before dragging it back to the pack :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

Just something I came acroos over the last few days. Liver seems to be like marmite!

you either like it or hate it! I ate some recently and it does have a unique texture but I think it is lovely!

So do you hate it or love it?
    ever have BBQ liver YUM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Fizman wrote: »
    I love liver. Only have it about 1 - 2 times a month though.

Oh and I also LOVE marmite!

Hmmm.

/ Runs off to make a marmite and liver sandwich.

Post reported for crimes against humanity and incitement of vomiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

I like liver.. full of iron. Also like kidneys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭dh2007

Scawgeen wrote: »
    There's three main types of liver sold in butchers shops, lamb, cows (beef) and pork liver. I only eat fresh pork liver that's been recently killed because that's what I like (my local butcher kills his own farm pigs) . The fresher it is the nicer it is. Stuffed sheep's hearts are something we'll all have to get a likeing for if this recession kicks in, and shin beef and oxtails yeuck!!!!!

I'm with you on this - pork liver is definitely the best as it's the most tender.

I like mine fried with onions, mashed potato and beans - yummmmmm, so tasty and really cheap too! all in it probably only costs about €3 to make. Good recession food:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Scawgeen

dh2007 wrote: »
    I'm with you on this - pork liver is definitely the best as it's the most tender.

I like mine fried with onions, mashed potato and beans - yummmmmm, so tasty and really cheap too! all in it probably only costs about €3 to make. Good recession food:D

I wash the liver and when it's quiet wet dip it in seasoned flour and fry it....sometimes it looks like it's cooked in a light batter.....very tasty. Along with the fried onions, mashed potato and beans perhaps a few fried mushrooms. yummy!

Advertisement