Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New HD for laptop, some questions.

Options
  • 06-10-2008 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

I'm thinking of upgrading my laptop HD. Its an Acer aspire 5650. I believe it is a S-ata drive.

My main question is, can I just buy any 2.5 S-ata HDD out there on the net, and will it slot into my laptop?

Also, any one know where I could get a 200gb 7200rpm one for a nice price. I checked that hardwareversand place and they have a 300gb one for 100 which is pretty good, but if I could get a smaller one for cheaper it would be great.
    Thanks!
    Coz.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Make sure it's a 9.5mm drive. Some drives (mainly 400GB or bigger so you shouldn't need to worry too much) are 12.5mm and don't fit in the majority of laptops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Brilliant thanks.

Advertisement