Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Carzone Problem

Options
  • 06-10-2008 2:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

I've just noticed on carzone.ie that most private sales are not shown in any search results unless 'Private Sales Only' is explicitly chosen as 'Seller Type'.

Anybody else notice this, or am I 'doing it wrong'?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

It shows both for me. You must be doing something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

I think there are a few small problems with Carzone alright. All very subtle, but all taking away ultimate control of car searches from the user.

The worst problem I think is the breakdown of BMW cars. They used to have say 518 - 520 - 523 - 525 - 530 and so on....but now it's just 5-series (ah lá Autotrader....same company I know) - and also 1-series, 3-series & 7-series. I hate it.

Thankfully there is still a keyword box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Gypo

Moanin wrote: »
    It shows both for me. You must be doing something wrong?

It is indeed working now. Don't know what happened last night. Nevermind! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

yeh it's been ruined since Autotrader took it over. It isn't worth a curse now... relatively speaking I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

AlanD wrote: »
    I think there are a few small problems with Carzone alright. All very subtle, but all taking away ultimate control of car searches from the user.

The worst problem I think is the breakdown of BMW cars. They used to have say 518 - 520 - 523 - 525 - 530 and so on....but now it's just 5-series (ah lá Autotrader....same company I know) - and also 1-series, 3-series & 7-series. I hate it.

Thankfully there is still a keyword box.

I totally agree. Same for the Mercedes range. It may be some sort of marketing ploy to get us to look at more cars.. :mad:

I've not had the issue the OPs mentioned. Maybe try a different browser or delete your browsing history.

• Advertisement
Advertisement