Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing for a mature student??

Options
  • 06-10-2008 5:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All,
    I am a 27 year old married mother of one. I am from northern ireland but currently live in USA.

I am badly regretting that I did not finish my education :(
    I would love to taking a nursing course. I have looked at he Uni of Ulster website and I will continue to look at others.

I dont know if this would even be a possibility for me as I do not have any A-levels.
    I have 6 GCSE's although not in Science or Math.
    I have studied all levels of Spanish as a mature student ( this I am sure is probably irrelevent).

Does anyone know if mature students are required to have A-levels??
    I could take nursing prerequisites courses here in US.
    They offer chemistry, biology, physics, pharmacology and Maths.
    Not sure if this would help my application.

Do they take into consideration work experiences?
    I have been working in childcare for the last nine years and I would love to do pediatric nursing.

any and all advice would be so appreciated, even if it just to tell me i'm mad:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I know a couple of people who are doing nursing at Magee and they didn't have any A-levels.

Call the college and you'll get all the help you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lalarubio

oh that is great news!!!! I am definately going to call around today. Thanks

Advertisement