Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

photo books - sourcing

• 06-10-2008 8:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've recently seen a lot of wedding albums in the form of coffee table books and I think they look great. I was wondering if anyone would know where I would be able to get one made. I was thinking of doing something similar with all our sporting photo's from this year as a christmas gift.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

Not sure if it's what you're after but Aldi photo have some great offers on photobooks, and I've used Aldi for printing photos - great value and great quality!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭abakan

Im on the lookout for one of there books. hopeing to get one by xmas as a present with the best holiday photos. there is alot of sites offering the same thing.
    From reading around I might go with Blurb.com or Aldi. mix between quality and price?

anybody got other ideas?

Quality from Blurb is much higher than Aldi :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Got an email from Spectra today (how do they have my details?)...

Anyway, apparently some of their photobooks are hugely reduced at the moment. (One from €35 to €10).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Quality from Blurb is much higher than Aldi :)

Blurb aint that great either!! I have returned so many of them I dont bother using them as much

Have you seen Aldi quality?

Blurb is much better. I've seen Blurb's books being used for MA thesis before, and used them plenty myself. Never had a quality issue... Must have a problem with you Mike :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭squareballoon

I got the a3 photo book from Photobox for the last wedding I did and was really impressed. They allow you to take off all Photobox branding and logos for a couple of quid extra. The book I got was 60 pages if I remember and cost €110.
    The quality of the print has improved hugely in the past year.
    Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

I got the a3 photo book from Photobox for the last wedding I did and was really impressed. They allow you to take off all Photobox branding and logos for a couple of quid extra. The book I got was 60 pages if I remember and cost €110.
    The quality of the print has improved hugely in the past year.

I've had trouble with black and whites from Photobox. Lacking in contrast. Anyone have the same problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 image1960

Photocare in Lr Abbey Street produce Photobooks in house, from €59 - €399 for Pro Books suitable for wedding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Graphistudio is another, although it might be a bit expensive if you're not selling it on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I've used MyPublisher exclusively for the last 2 years, and they're very good. I've only ever had one issue with quality, but they rectified it within minutes of me notifying them.

www.mypublisher.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

Shakespeare Photobooks in Waterford are good too. I got a 20 page book a few weeks ago and am very happy with the quality.

www.shakespearephotobooks.com

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭ir666

What about photobook.ie ?

(Am trying to throw together my first photobook as an Xmas present)

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Cheezypuf

I've used foto.com a couple of times. The last time they overcharged me and the quality was poor. I won't use them again :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 LyonsTea

I have used Shutterfly....very happy with service

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Julesie

I've heard great things about Bob Books. Yet to use them myself but will do in the near future.

They seem to be very reasonably priced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I just made some on www.photobox.ie, 2 books with 30 pages cost me about 70 quid, waiting for them to arrive now, can't wait!

Advertisement