Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sorry lads, queues are too much.

Options
  • 06-10-2008 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭

Gotta move servers, queues are driving me nuts.

Might pop on every now and then to mess about but I dont think I will be a regular.

I know you lost a few from the guild already with Jaggehs comments on Greed vs Need (golf clap btw), but I just cant sit for an hour every time I want to play.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

I can understand.

Got home from work last night at 8pm. logged onto a 56 minute queue, Exited WAR and watched some TV. It's a bit **** if you only get a few hours to play.

What happened with Jaggeh?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Ah a discussion came up where I said to the guild that "I hope none of you need stuff that you cant use all the time" as I was frustrated after I lost a Chosen item to a Marauder who kept needing.
    After a brief discussion Jaggeh piped up that he Needs everything as he wants to disenchant everything or something like that, followed by a load of bull**** about "thats the world we live in".

I cant tell if he was trolling or not, but two people left the guild straight away over it and one shortly afterwards (may not have been related).

Very active players as well.

Maybe it's time for a Guild charter or guide.

Seems like alot of people didn't come from WoW and don't understand the Need/Greed Mechanic.

Personally I think it was just trolling, I dont think he was serious. Others didnt take it that way though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Some sort of charter and a kind of mission statement would be handy. About 6 or 7 people left yesterday. At the moment, people have little to gain from being in the guild other than another channel to chat in. We need to get organised with raid nights etc.

Sorry to hear your cutting down on your game time, Jumpy. Hopefully they'll sort out the queues soon or we'll have to take more drastic action, like mass emmigration to a new server.

• Advertisement

Im not cutting it down, I just started a Witch Elf on an almost empty RvR server. Cant remember which one.

I must admit though, its far more fun to watch that butt running around than some dude in a massive suit of armour.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Logged in lastnight after a long queue and saw a few had left the guild alright.
    I plan on sticking around with my shaman but ill also play my sorceress which is my first war char but is on eight peaks,same for the 2-3 chars i quite enjoy on order.
    I find the guild good fun but not enough join ventrilo which is a shame especially since Rev hellfire went out of his way to allow boardies use it [huge thanks Rev],we also need some structure to the guild with charter and some general light rules etc

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

one off the rules should be before you let anyone join. They have to come on vent and say hello :D

No, they have to come on Vent and sing "Cry Me A River"!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

From what I hear the boards guild seems a bit directionless.
    Imho you'd be better off cutting the chaff and taking in only people who will actively play with you. Otherwise its only a knitting circle and people will gravitate towards more 'active' guilds.

• Advertisement

I must say, the only thing I see on the guild chat is "Anyone in a Tier-1/2/3 Scen?"

I come online and say "Hi" and get one response, when there are 30 listed actives online.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Imho you'd be better off cutting the chaff and taking in only people who will actively play with you. Otherwise its only a knitting circle and people will gravitate towards more 'active' guilds.

Unless they can do a mean double cross stitch.

Jumpy wrote: »
    I must say, the only thing I see on the guild chat is "Anyone in a Tier-1/2/3 Scen?"

I come online and say "Hi" and get one response, when there are 30 listed actives online.
    Well I have to raise my hand and say I'm most likely one of the ones who don't answer. I never look down on the chat window until a long time after most messeges were posted. And for some reason you people only seem to talk to each other when I'm in the middle of getting the shìt beaten out of me, so I can't reply straight away and then just forget. Sorry :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Well I have to raise my hand and say I'm most likely one of the ones who don't answer. I never look down on the chat window until a long time after most messeges were posted. And for some reason you people only seem to talk to each other when I'm in the middle of getting the shìt beaten out of me, so I can't reply straight away and then just forget. Sorry

+1

I used to have an addon for wow that played a simple little sound file when someone spoke in guild chat or i got a tell.
    Always handy.

Jumpy wrote: »

Personally I'm not a fan of scenarios, so kinda ignore "looking for more people to do scenario" questions. But love the open RvR.

As to saying Hi in guild chat.
    I read alot of what is said in guild chat but I wont respond to most of it. I see it like this , If I come on and say Hi and there are 100 people online and they all say Hi back, well thats just silly. It was like WoW when people put DING in guild chat and everyone responds with Gratz. Soon if everybody is doing this, it's just hundreds of "Hi", "NN" , "DING" "GZ" ..... so to be honest I just don't bother.

I think people are looking at guilds in WAR the same way they saw them in WoW and if not well it's just people don't know what to do.

I hope at some stage we get more organized and run more like an army(it is war afterall). But you need strong leadership for this to work.

It's early day's yet and people seem to be still finding their feet. So hopefully things will start coming together.

And you never know, if we are running organized keep raids and what not, I might log onto Vent.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i love being misquoted and misunderstood.

i had a good laugh on vent at your knee jerk reaction to what i was saying, because you only half read what i wrote.

And although we dont talk much in guild chat its because we are too busy actually speaking to each other over voice coms.

o/

jaggeh wrote: »

And although we dont talk much in guild chat its because we are too busy actually speaking to each other over voice coms.

o/

How many people are on Vent each night, and do you know each other since before WAR?

i had a good laugh on vent at your knee jerk reaction to what i was saying, because you only half read what i wrote.

o/

Sick pervert!

o/

Who is "your" ?

I stayed silent through it. I was just watching what you were writing shaking my head.
    You are not exactly a people person.

• Advertisement

Actually DONT do this.

There may be no queues, but there are also no PEOPLE.

Plus Core is definitely the way to go, you have level 10s hanging around in the newbie zones in the RvR server killing you as you try to quest.

You also cant go to the npcs for protection as they are all level 5 or 6.

I think I will start waiting again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

I think I will just not bother subscribing after the first month is up.
    I can't play due to queues and if I reroll on another server there's nobody to play with.

I...I'm kinda stunned to be honest. Guess it's back to Wow for now. Shame, War is a great game but yet again destroyed by incompetance and inability of GOA to even support players and hardware required for them players to actually play the game, on the first most important month of the game itself.
    This is the month that makes or breaks a game and for a lot of people will make up their minds as to whether or not they subscribe to it. If I can barely even get in to the game to play it then I don't see the point.

Maybe/hopefully it'll all get better after a few months but for now at least I've no intention of subscribing once the first month is up, which it probably already is up, I wouldn't know, I've been unable to get in to actually play :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

While the queues are bad, they arent bad enough for me to unsubscribe. Just pick a medium pop server if you are that annoyed by it. It will balance itself out soon enough. And you realise that this exact same thing happened in Warcraft at launch? Bladefist was an absolute nightmare to login to.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

You could roll on K8P.

Like the guy above me said, it's the same as WoW at launch. So you either play alli... I mean, destruction and queue, or join the underdogs and not.

There's no magic wand fix for this because a)they don't want more people rolling on the overpopulated faction and b)they already waved the magic wand, you declined.

Kiith wrote: »
    While the queues are bad, they arent bad enough for me to unsubscribe. Just pick a medium pop server if you are that annoyed by it. It will balance itself out soon enough. And you realise that this exact same thing happened in Warcraft at launch? Bladefist was an absolute nightmare to login to.

Thats one thing I can say about you. You have been in every. single. MMO. that I have been in, and I think you helped me out in all of them. Including EvE.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Bladefist was a nightmare originally, remember it well and took the free transfer to Emeriss as soon as it became available - very few people there originally (and now on alliance, again) but no queues, no lag and a whole world to explore. That said I'm happy to queue up to 30 minutes on WAR to play, if the queues are longer I log on the alts on the Med pop server ;)

Advertisement