Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

L Drivers have things got better

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 shaney-baby

i no its a rant lol i had the job before the law was made and the company said it was ok to drive with a provisional but if the make a congestion law then people will moan about the same thing saying the cant drive because of that law so many have the same probelm as me i really dont see the point in the law if it was to stop crash's they should enfoce a compulsry test for rection time and driving skills i do see nearly 80 year olds driven cars now i no its not against the law but they wont have a quick reaction time as most people on the road these days and i had the test but the cancelled it on me to a later date and there is a long waiting time becuase all the L drivers are putting in for tests

• Registered Users Posts: 68,967 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Hang on, you got a job requiring you to drive a van before the law was announced - a year ago, then - and didn't apply for a test there and then?

Sorry, this is entirely your own fault. You could have done 4 tests in the time period since the new laws were announced. You could likely get a test for later this week if you phone the RSA at 9 in the morning tomorrow, at that - it might be down the sticks though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

the real truth behind the law is there was to much traffic conjestion and poluation so they got made this law to cut down

You're a total airhead, but I'd prefer that you don't die in a car, since you'll probably take some of us with you.

I hope it's not me or my family.

Zube wrote: »
    You're a total airhead, but I'd prefer that you don't die in a car, since you'll probably take some of us with you.

I hope it's not me or my family.

what are you talking about

MYOB wrote: »
    Hang on, you got a job requiring you to drive a van before the law was announced - a year ago, then - and didn't apply for a test there and then?

Sorry, this is entirely your own fault. You could have done 4 tests in the time period since the new laws were announced. You could likely get a test for later this week if you phone the RSA at 9 in the morning tomorrow, at that - it might be down the sticks though.

sorry about the ranting my heads wrecked with more then this law thing ill definite ring them tomorrow thanks 4 the advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Shaney-baby, a bit of punctuation and the odd capital letter would make your posts much more readable.

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I got called for my test in 3 and a 1/2 weeks. Was really happy.
    suimhneas wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has noticed if there has been an improvements noticed since the new L driver laws came in.
    Not really. See the same ammount of unaccompanied drivers on the road as I did before the deadline.
    Have road deaths come down? Are there less idiot drivers out there?
    Nope, still MANY MANY idiots out there.
    I just have this idea in my head that the l drivers were not to blame for the carnage on the roads, its idiots that have passed their driving tests think they know it all
    They arent totally to blame, Im thinking the same thing. I've noticed its drivers in their 50's to 70's male and female who have given me the most near misses.
    Speed is the killer on the irish road and as far as i can see there is absolutly noting done about speed, speed and dangerous overtaking
    Speed is a killer on every road in every country. Whether they are doing anything about it, I think they finally are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

its a stupid law!! i lost my job because of it i was driven a van for work and now i have no job as i had no one to drive around with me i asked a guard about just carrying a letter saying i need to drive for work and he said thats not valid i have to have someone with me or dont drive and now i have to wait nearly 3 months to get a place for a full licsense. its the same as anyone else who needs there car for work or old people that need it to get who need to get there shopping and not all L drivers are bad if you notice L drivers are more alert then full licensed people its not that the deaths have cum downs it because there are less cars on the road for people to crash its not just L drivers that crash the real truth behind the law is there was to much traffic conjestion and poluation so they got made this law to cut down
    The country is riddled with this stupid attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

MYOB wrote: »
    Someone else on here was told by a Guard that you need R plates after passing your test (NORTHERN Irish law...). There's some GTC that don't know their arse from their elbow let alone the actual law.

At the beginning there was talk in Sept/Oct '07 of introducing the R plates for people who passed their tests but tbh I don;t know what happened to it.

i no its a rant lol i had the job before the law was made and the company said it was ok to drive with a provisional but if the make a congestion law then people will moan about the same thing saying the cant drive because of that law so many have the same probelm as me i really dont see the point in the law if it was to stop crash's they should enfoce a compulsry test for rection time and driving skills i do see nearly 80 year olds driven cars now i no its not against the law but they wont have a quick reaction time as most people on the road these days and i had the test but the cancelled it on me to a later date and there is a long waiting time becuase all the L drivers are putting in for tests

I think most people agree with the changes in the learner area. It is one small part of the whole problem we have with road safety. Speeding is another one that is being tackled as well as drink driving. Another aspect will/should be the full licenced drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,967 ✭✭✭✭L1011

TheNog wrote: »
    At the beginning there was talk in Sept/Oct '07 of introducing the R plates for people who passed their tests but tbh I don;t know what happened to it.

Nothing did, unfortunately it appears that said member of the force assumed it had happened...

• Advertisement
Advertisement