Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bass Fishing Dublin / Wicklow

Options
  • 06-10-2008 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,
    New to Bass fishing here and planning on heading out next weekend. Marks I've heard of are the Breaches in Kilcoole ,Silver strand & Jacks Hole all in Wicklow. Anyone fished there before? For bait I have squid ,crab, sandeels & some mack. Also have some plugs & lures.

Anyway I welcome any tips on baits, tides,etc

stevo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Fauldy Banny

I'm fairly new to fishing, this summer in fact. I live in Wicklow and have been fishing most of south Wicklow this Summer. I have only caught one Bass so far but I'm still trying hard.
    They are fairly difficult to catch but there are a few places that tend to throw them out more than others, this is based on what i have seen and from what i have read and told.
    Clogga strand south of Arklow is a good spot when the tide is on the way in. At the very southerly point of the beach there is a headland where big bass have been caught with plugs.
    Kilmichael point is also a good spot especially if you climb down the cliffs out to the rocks, dangerous but very good.
    Ennerielly is also a great spot, heard of some big bass only caught there last week.

Make Sure you get the tides right. Bass love a shallow sandy beach with plenty of surf on the in tide, and don't think you need to cast far, the are often only just in the surf right in front of you.
    the big ones tend to lurk around rocky headlands in gullies. On low tides go to these marks and look for the deeper gullies around the rocks and go back when the tides are right and have a go.

Bass will eat most things, all of what you have is good but I would certainly bring some nice juicy rag/lug worms too. And don't be mean with the bait, the more scent in the water the better.

I'm only a beginner so my advice comes with a disclaimer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 stevo74

cheers Fauldy,thanks for advice.gonna head to Silver strand / Brittas and Saturday. Low tide is at 15:30 , so will be on the rise coming into Dusk.
    Might pick up some worms before I head off too.

steve

Advertisement