Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vandalism to Cars

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 blow_in

Well put Talkingclock! I must concur I hail from a pretty scummy city in California (Sacramento)and I am still taken back by the senselessness of the vandalism and blatant disregard for basic respect in this city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

just back from a quick walk along the park canal with the dog. elderly lady with her dog is feeding the swans on the little lake. knacker scum on both sides under the new bridge of the corbally slip road. knacker scum from across the canal is throwing stones at the woman. woman is shouting back at the knacker scum. knackerscum on her side of the bridge is roaring at the woman and calling her names.

maybe it's really the norm and just a few of us are "different".

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Galway knacker scum at the londis near me earlier today harassing the poor female waitstaff. So off we got and shoved three of them out the door. they were throwing around those cheap bouncing balls all over the place for some ****ing reason.
    So I head on out and she shuts the door behind me, and as I pass in my car, ****ing knacker scum throws the bouncy rubber ball at my car.
    stupid knacker scum didnt realise that the ball would then have to bounce back somewhere and promptly gets hit in the face by his own stupid ball.
    Still laughing thinking about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Galway knacker scum at the londis near me earlier today harassing the poor female waitstaff. So off we got and shoved three of them out the door. they were throwing around those cheap bouncing balls all over the place for some ****ing reason.
    So I head on out and she shuts the door behind me, and as I pass in my car, ****ing knacker scum throws the bouncy rubber ball at my car.
    stupid knacker scum didnt realise that the ball would then have to bounce back somewhere and promptly gets hit in the face by his own stupid ball.
    Still laughing thinking about it.

I'm sure they were actually from Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

they were throwing around those cheap bouncing balls all over the place for some ****ing reason..

Seen a growing amount of them with those cheap bouncing balls lately
    I was wondering was it just co-incidence or if there was a trend.
    Also last years trend was wearing navy or black mits or gloves
    this years trend seems to be rubber balls, and tucking their tracksuit pants
    inside their socks so the white socks appear outside the pants!

~B

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

beanflick wrote: »
    Man-Up will you !!! Happens in every populated city in the country. England is 10 times worse. Its a big bad world out there, a lot of people need to grow a spine .

I know of a girl who had a perfectly good spine, until some scumbag drink driving a stolen car smashed it and took her life. I've also 'Manned -up' while being mugged once as a teenager. I ended up with a knife in my leg.

What about the guy who thought it would be funny to throw a petrol bomb into a niteclub recently, or the one who thought it would be hilarious to drop a bowling ball off a bridge onto the traffic below...

I can say that the actions of mindless scumbags makes me sick.

Yes there is scum in every city. The point of this discussion is around the relatively high proportion of it to the small population of Limerick City.

Your (note I'm not saying 'you') post is quite pointless and rude. Perhaps you could give the issue a bit more thought before posting again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 beanflick

I have lived in limerick on and off for the last 30 years. In 3 different area's, and on the whole have only come accross very-very rare episodes of what people are describing on this thread. That is my experience of said city, and i am just voicing my opinion. I didnt mean to cause offense, and crime is no joke, but this thread (in my opinion) is just describing negitives of populated city life in general, Be it the negitive experiences of a select few from said city. If these things are happening in your area ring Willie he will sort it out :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Since moving here I've had both wing mirrors and aerial broken off, the same area for both transgressions north side near the milk market and the trinity rooms. I was mad the first time. If catch someone doin it again I'll go vigilante on the them :D Its a horrible thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 beanflick

Since moving here I've had both wing mirrors and aerial broken off, the same area for both transgressions north side near the milk market and the trinity rooms. I was mad the first time. If catch someone doin it again I'll go vigilante on the them :D Its a horrible thing to do.
    I would say if its near the milk market it has more to do with drunk's than scumbags

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I would say if its near the milk market it has more to do with drunk's than scumbags

Or, more likely, drunk scumbags.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Move out to castletroy

Moving to Castletroy is not the answer either. I had my window broken so that some scumbags could steal my radio? no. the money in the car? no....my seat covers. €40 in Argos.

Also, one lad I lived with had his radio stolen along with a tray with speakers from right outside the house.

In fairness, there are scum in every place but Limerick has them pouring out of every hole imagineable. Yesterday, driving home from work, this car randomly decides to pull off a side road right in front of me causing me to skid while his backseat passenger through up the finger at me (being the incredibly tough chap that he was), but the point is that these things aren't isolated and happened more in Limerick than any where else I've seen.

I've heard countless stories of people throwing stuff from passing cars and the like. Man up? My bollocks, shouldn't accept crap like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭j0605

I have lived in limerick on and off for the last 30 years. In 3 different area's, and on the whole have only come accross very-very rare episodes of what people are describing on this thread. That is my experience of said city, and i am just voicing my opinion. I didnt mean to cause offense, and crime is no joke, but this thread (in my opinion) is just describing negitives of populated city life in general, Be it the negitive experiences of a select few from said city. If these things are happening in your area ring Willie he will sort it out :rolleyes:

Ok first of all I cannot understand how you rarely come accross crime and violence as you have been living in Limerick. I probably know 20 people in the last 2 years that have had some kind of trouble with there knackers.

I am living in a few different locations of limerick and I have to say no matter where you are there is crime and little scumbags hanging around causing trouble.

I get so angry its like they can do what they like and get away with it. I bet if a decent person started to carry on like some of the knackers around, it wouldnt take the guards long to track us down, fine or arrest us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

j0605 wrote: »

I am living in a few different locations of limerick and I have to say no matter where you are there is crime and little scumbags hanging around causing trouble.

I know what your saying but i think a lot of these are just 14 to 17 year olds with nothing to do but all it takes is one bad egg, one little brave one to start acting up and being at that impressionable age they all start following suit because of the peer pressure and all that. Then they get on wrong side of the law then give them a few years and these are the guys that end up vandalising your house/car etc. So imo its a lot to do with them having nothing to do at that age, maybe with a bit of bad parenting throwin in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

I agree that it is young boys with nothing to do. Escpecially during winter when its is basically dark when they get out of school (those taht do go!). Why are there no light on that new skate park by Shannon Bridge? The city needs more public amenities for young people

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

MCOS wrote: »
    Why are there no light on that new skate park by Shannon Bridge? The city needs more public amenities for young people

They only allow the place open at certain times and also dont allow it to be used when wet!
    (In Ireland wet weather!!!! never!!)
    [EDIT] http://www.limerickcity.ie/Sport/LimerickSkatePark/
    Funny cos the Photos of the opening show a very wet looking skate park! and in use!.

Speaking of the Skate Park when they had some event where Skaters from all over
    traveled to Limerick to take part wasn't there one of them attacked by some scum.
    (Story was in the papers but cant find a URL)

~B

Advertisement