Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

COD:WAW Beta

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

I joined the site a while back and have yet to see a key code.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Same here, no key. I'm starting to think there wont be a beta after all as I dont think they can change alot from now and release day.

If you pre order off game's website, apparently that's how you get the xbox beta..
    Some vids also.
    looks good.
    Just follow the related for more.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

anyone got a spare key? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

I got a key in my work email on friday! i was off friday, only in today, can't wait to get home. I got the key from callofduty.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

Played this for a couple of hurs last night. It has not improved on COD4 at all. The 3 maps that you can play on are bigger and one is set at night time but with the bigger maps you still get spawned killed by dogs/airstrikes/other players. The dogs attack are bad as they don't show up on the map, all you hear is the noise. The graphics and visual of the maps are the same. The gameplay is the same. The only differeece are the new weapons but after playing with COD4 weapons these ones are crap. Thank god i got this BETA key as i have now saved myself €70.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

tomred1 wrote: »
    Played this for a couple of hurs last night. It has not improved on COD4 at all. The 3 maps that you can play on are bigger and one is set at night time but with the bigger maps you still get spawned killed by dogs/airstrikes/other players. The dogs attack are bad as they don't show up on the map, all you hear is the noise. The graphics and visual of the maps are the same. The gameplay is the same. The only differeece are the new weapons but after playing with COD4 weapons these ones are crap. Thank god i got this BETA key as i have now saved myself €70.

Thank you sir ! Lets all stick with cod4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Agreed in a few respects there all right.
    Even though it's the same engine as COD4, it feels like it plays slightly differently. Your players movement is like it has been tweaked a bit in the engine settings, nothing to ruin it, but it's feels wierd. Did soldiers run differently in 1945?
    The usual scenario of emptying clips into opposing players and them not dying is well apparent again. Bit of a schoolboy error here really as IW had to release the patch afterwards to correct this. You'd hope the collision detection is better on the final version.
    I will say some of the new weapons are fun to use. My favourite so far is the anti tank grenade. Just lob it at some lad and it sticks to him. Its hilarious to watch them run away jumping and then BOOM, they blow to bits.
    Much more MP time will be needed to see all the new additions, but as per the last poster, its much of the same and time will tell whether I buy the full version. The co-op might just swing it for me.
    Question now is, did the jump from COD3 to COD4 spoil us all in that we now expect a revelation of a game with each iteration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Question now is, did the jump from COD3 to COD4 spoil us all in that we now expect a revelation of a game with each iteration.

I don't think this is the case. Infinity ward developed COD2 and 4, and have been working on 6 since completion of 4. Some other development crowd (too lazy to look up there name) made an arse of COD 3, and are the developers on COD:WAW. So i expect this to be a stop gap for some fans to keep em somewhat happy for a while.

Realistically though COD 6 is going to be the next 'proper' iteration that the series should be judged on! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I have to disagree

Maybe i'm biased because my first online game love was Moh:AA and then COD2...both of which were WWII games, in sayin that i still love BF2 and COD4

But the game is class :D

Not as crap as MOH:PA which is what i expected..all bushy and ppl in trees etc

1 map is in like a Japanese village type thing..very good
    Another is like some kind of stalingrad place where ye can drive tanks etc
    last map is some kind of town but again, its all solid structures in daylight...unlike the grass and foilage i expected...which is a huge bonus :D:D

Having never played any of the CODs on xBox (i'm a PC man) it was still quite good.
    The killcams for the nades and artillery are mental
    Also..instead of Helicopters theres dogs...loads and loads of dogs

Was disappointed with the fact that UAV in the form or "aerial reconnaissance" is still out there....as are flashbangs etc..but not to the same degree.
    And i knew thee perks etc would still be there....but i picked up someone else weapon..which was a scoped Thompson....how stupid.
    They also seem to be totally overpowered compared to rifles

It would be nice to see the developers lessen the strength of SMG's and MG's in favour of Rifles.

We'll see

Can't wait for the PC version...its hectic :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Where can i still get a Key without pre-ordering the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Andyfbt

Mixed reviews then. I'll defo be buying. I'm not bored of Cod 4 but would not like the thought of others out there playing the newer version while I am still playing COD 4.
    I've read the previews and it sounds animal to me. I never played the main game anyway, just multiplayer online. So once that is working good. New maps are needed anyway as everyone knows the COD4 maps inside out

Downloading it now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Where can i still get a Key without pre-ordering the game?

If you were a member of charlieoscerdelta.com then you would be considered a VIP on callofduty.com and would have received a beta key there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,807 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Played for a while there and enjoyed it, but it does have issues.

It does feel more intense this time (I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing yet) and there is a lot of stuff going on at once. I really like the art design, and the two maps I played had a nice bit of variety.

New Warfare (?) mode is a good laugh, although ran into a couple of stalemate situations with both teams just running foward to the flag and dying soon afters.

Dogs: don't like these at all. On occasion theres far too many of the damn things running around, more an annoyance than a threat. These will need to be balanced further.

New gernade types: Sticky gernades are excellent, and the gas ones seem to work well. Flares could prove a bit annoying though. With four or five players tossing three flares into an arena each, the whole thing becomes a bit of a mess. Again: balancing to avoid spamming!

Player movement feels a little... lighter maybe?

Overall I enjoyed it a lot, and some of the more intense battles worked very well indeed (getting up to Blitzkrieg and running at the base is a lot of fun). But at the moment not quite sure if it will keep your attention for as long as 4. Treyarch seems to have done a good job, but my concern from the short play is perhaps they are throwing a few too many new tricks into the formula that more or less worked perfectly in the last game. The core game is still there and involving, but well have to wait and see when the game comes out if some of the new bits will work well. Still time to address the issues though, which is what a beta is all about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭imaleper

Now after watching a few videos i understand what blitzkrieg is (x3 capture power?) but how is it achieved? Oh and eh still looking for that key!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 328 ✭✭Codofwar

Im a member of charlieoscardelta and was given the beta key for the xbox version but its useless to me as I have a ps3 so if someone wants it just gimme a pm and its all yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Codofwar wrote: »
    Im a member of charlieoscardelta and was given the beta key for the xbox version but its useless to me as I have a ps3 so if someone wants it just gimme a pm and its all yours.

pm sent

Just pm'd you there so you should have it. Enjoy!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,807 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

imaleper wrote: »
    Now after watching a few videos i understand what blitzkrieg is (x3 capture power?) but how is it achieved? Oh and eh still looking for that key!

It is just if your team is doing well. You hit two X after a certain amount of kills, and if you get more again you access Blitzkrieg for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Codofwar wrote: »
    Just pm'd you there so you should have it. Enjoy!

I love you Codofwar.

Glad to help out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Only joined the website at the end of last week and got a 360 beta key there today. Will probably give it a go but its the PC one I really want..

Advertisement