Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whirlpool Fridge Freezer Parts Question

Options
  • 06-10-2008 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I think I am in the correct section with this thread but if not apologies and could someone move this please.

I recently bought an american fridge freezer from whirlpool. The problem I have is the drinking water pipe provided is too short. I look up 4whirlpool.ie to see if I could get an extension but they are quoting 40 - 60 (sterling) which I think is a bit steep for a metre of piping.

Would anyone know where you could purchase this extension with the fittings on either end for a reasonable price?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Dfens

Found these links on Ebay UK, worth a try. Quoted price from Irish guys seems a bit outrageous.

Sponsored Links

Spares, parts and accessories. eSpares - the online parts store.
    www.espares.co.uk/Whirlpool

Genuine Whirlpool Parts & Spares at low Prices from Currys Partmaster
    www.curryspartmaster.co.uk

Appliance Spares & Accessory Shop. In Stock. Fast Delivery. Order Now
    www.4Whirlpool.co.uk/Spares

Buy online with free delivery Massive range with huge stocks
    www.365electrical.com/Whirlpool

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

The middle one seems to be the same site as I used before, just rebranded. The first one is quite good and I sent off an enquiry. The final one seems not to be for parts, just appliances.

The middle one seems to be the same site as I used before, just rebranded. The first one is quite good and I sent off an enquiry. The final one seems not to be for parts, just appliances.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

MICKEYG wrote: »
    Folks,

I think I am in the correct section with this thread but if not apologies and could someone move this please.

I recently bought an american fridge freezer from whirlpool. The problem I have is the drinking water pipe provided is too short. I look up 4whirlpool.ie to see if I could get an extension but they are quoting 40 - 60 (sterling) which I think is a bit steep for a metre of piping.

Would anyone know where you could purchase this extension with the fittings on either end for a reasonable price?

Thanks in advance.

I presume it's to extend the line from the "washine machine" adapter on your water line to the adapter that is pre fitted on the back of the fridge.

I wonder if instead of looking for a pipe from whirlpool, could you come at it the other way..... could a local plumber make up an extensipn with a piece of qualpex that would extend the existing water pipe.

In fact, I could be worng but I have a sneaking suspicion that a cold water pipe that goes between a washing machine and that type of connection might be just what you need but try before you buy.

It would be a lot cheaper than Whirlpool!!

Avns1s wrote: »
    I presume it's to extend the line from the "washine machine" adapter on your water line to the adapter that is pre fitted on the back of the fridge.

I wonder if instead of looking for a pipe from whirlpool, could you come at it the other way..... could a local plumber make up an extensipn with a piece of qualpex that would extend the existing water pipe.

In fact, I could be worng but I have a sneaking suspicion that a cold water pipe that goes between a washing machine and that type of connection might be just what you need but try before you buy.

It would be a lot cheaper than Whirlpool!!

I agree. I did purchase a standard washing machine pipe for next to nothing from Woodies. I am worried because firstly it is much thicker so there may be water pressure problems and secondly it might not be the right material for drinking water.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

What size of tubing do you need?

Not sure. The pipe is about the diameter of a regular pencil - so maybe 1/4 inch.
    The weird thing in all this is that I didn't think this would be a difficult thing to find. The supplied pipe is not that long so I thought an extension pipe with the fittings attached would be a common request.

We do 1/4" and 3/8" tubing for water filters
    €3 per meter,
    Have you got the connections (usually JG) and self tapping valve for connection to the mains

Musha wrote: »
    We do 1/4" and 3/8" tubing for water filters
    €3 per meter,
    Have you got the connections (usually JG) and self tapping valve for connection to the mains

Hi,

I have nothing. The pipe that came with the fridge has the connection that fits snuggly onto my outlet pipe (need to check if that is a mains pipe or a tank pipe). I would need something that would link into the fridge pipe and provide the same connection on the other end (if you know what I mean).

Hi Mickey,

PM you

• Advertisement

Musha wrote: »
    Hi Mickey,

PM you

Many thanks Musha. I PM'ed you back.

Got your mail Musha. Can't seem to send mails out at the mo. Just want to say thanks. Will take a look and get back to you.

Advertisement