Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lidl Sat receiver

• 06-10-2008 12:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know much about these things, but is this any good for the price? €169.99
    It does not mention a dish, does that mean it does not need one or that you would have to get one for it?

It caught my eye for use in a holiday home.

SilverCrest Digital Satellite Receiver

80GB HDD records up to 60 movies
    Receive digital TV and radio programmes via satellite!
    Watch a programme whilst simultaneously recording 1 other channel or record 2 channels at the same time!
    Edit out commercials or record directly via USB onto your PC or any other HDD!
    Accessories include: scart cable, USB adaptor cable, loop cable, remote control & batteries
    Includes CI slot for CAM cards. Card compatibility depends on service provider
    3 year guarantee
    Price per item

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20081013.p.SilverCrestDigitalSatelliteReceiver

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Seems a very good price for a hard drive recorded. Does it have a dvd?
    If so you could record stored programmes onto dvd.

Its a hard drive recorder sat receiver. You would need a sat dish.
    The hard drive allows you to record tv like the SKY+ box.
    Its very handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Cheers for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Does anyone know if a free view card would work in this ?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Not directly, no. It may work, if the unit would support a Dragoncam, though key-updates may be a problem then.

Note that it will not have a 7-day EPG, like Sky+. It'll only have now and next programme information. Recording would have to be set manually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mill

byte wrote: »
    Not directly, no. It may work, if the unit would support a Dragoncam, though key-updates may be a problem then.

Note that it will not have a 7-day EPG, like Sky+. It'll only have now and next programme information. Recording would have to be set manually.

hi i hav this. is there a way u can record while watchin something else?
    i have just one sat feed coming in... i can record but when
    change channel it stops

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

mill wrote: »
    hi i hav this. is there a way u can record while watchin something else?
    i have just one sat feed coming in... i can record but when
    change channel it stops
    Yeah, use a dual LNB, and have 2 direct feeds from dish to receiver.

I think, with that receiver, it's possible to loopthru from Tuner1 to Tuner2 (it'll be mentioned in the manual). However this'll be quite restrictive on what other channels you can use. An LNB has 4 states, Horizontal High, Horizontal Low, Vertical High, Vertical Low. If for example, you're recording from a channel with a Hor. High freq, you can only change over to other channels Hor. High.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

I got one of these and yeah, it doesn't have the Sky Program Guide (or the bill from Rupert Murdoch every month for the privilege! :P), but it does a very good job of making it very easy to record a series. When you press the record key, you can select to record just this program, every week, every weekday, etc. So a few key presses and you're done.

Just for the "pause live TV" function alone, its a great yoke! :)

Haven't tried editing a recording yet, or exporting to USB key/ext. HDD.

Advertisement