Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request: Sony e-book reader

• 06-10-2008 12:35pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looking to buy a Sony E-Book Reader 505 or 507 (not 500- its incompatible with standard PDF docs) Waterstones seem to have the market cornered pretty well- but EUR275 for the bare machine + extras for a cable, a charger, a light etc- is taking the piss a bit. Anyone know anywhere that have them at a more reasonable price? Online or local?

Cheers,

Shane

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

Not what you're looking for but I use fbreader on a Nokia 770 for ebooks. Would work out a lot cheaper than the sony plus you get web browsing etc..

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=kzSRZfq0u0w

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

xtravision have it for €249

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

xtravision have it for €249

Cheers Admiral- its a EUR25 saving, I'll put it towards accessories for the missus......

Thks!

Shane

• Subscribers Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

was sure I saw/heard an ad for extravision having it at 199. maybe i got it wrong.

copacetic wrote: »
    was sure I saw/heard an ad for extravision having it at 199. maybe i got it wrong.

Even better- if its true.
    I had a quick look on the Extravision website, but its not on it at all :(
    Little trip ahead of me I think!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

someone on this thread got one in an extravision, maybe a pm?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=57321029

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I've seen these advertised. Whats the advantages over using a PDA and eBooks.

BostonB wrote: »
    I've seen these advertised. Whats the advantages over using a PDA and eBooks.

Battery life, screen legibility, screen size, sexiness......
    Its a gadget for gadget freaks- and my wife wants one.......
    I'm not entirely sold on it myself- but then again I take an EEEPC around with me, with a removable hard-drive- so I'm sorted anyhow......

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fishfoodie

I bought mine from B&H Photo, here

$274.95 currently.

Given the dollar exchange rate they're probably still competitive with here

Advertisement