Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healing of earlobe piercings

Options
  • 06-10-2008 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Hi! :-)
    I've got 4 new earlobe piercings done at the start of June and they are still healing.
    I wash them with salt water twice a day and with antibac soap once or twice a week. However there were a week or 2 since June when I neglected them a bit while I was sick.

I'm a bit concerned about them healing though. They kinda go through stages. They'll be fine for a few days. But after that a spot or two appear beside the holes. They can be quite big and filled with blood or puss. Actual holes look fine, just bit of ear beside them goes awful.

Is that normal? Or am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Lobes should heal way quicker than that.
    Probably the jewellery is poor quality or maybe too short.

I'm about to head to a lecture, will look at this later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

Definitely not too short. The bars are titanium and very comfortable. The healing was actually going really well at the start (for the 1st month i think) and sometime after that these spots started happening :(

Oh, I was on a week holiday in July when I wasn't cleaning them very well.

I don't think it is anything to do with how piercing was done either. Quick, not too painful and everything was really clean.

I'm confused :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Done with a gun or needle?

Done with a gun or needle?

4 needles. Wish I got picture taken while they were still in :)

eehhh...nobody wants to talk to me :(

• Advertisement

Have you tried going back you the piercer, as any piercer worth their salt should be able to tell you from looking at it if there is a problem. As was said earlier, it shouldn't take lobe piercings that long to heal.

Have you tried going back you the piercer, as any piercer worth their salt should be able to tell you from looking at it if there is a problem. As was said earlier, it shouldn't take lobe piercings that long to heal.

Emailed Snakebite yesterday, they told me to come over as soon as it is handy.
    It didn't occur to me to do that earlier and my husband kept telling me it'll be grand. Guess, shouldn't have listened to him :(

Well unless he has any knowledge/experience of piercings, he's not to blame for thinking it'd just right itself.

The guys at Snakebite are great like that too, they'll make sure you're alright. :)

Well unless he has any knowledge/experience of piercings, he's not to blame for thinking it'd just right itself.

He had more piercings than me :) I don't blame him, of course, I have (or should have) my own brains.
    The guys at Snakebite are great like that too, they'll make sure you're alright. :)

Thanks for reassurance!

Advertisement