Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Broadband for 12 months

Options
  • 06-10-2008 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭

I've just rung Eircom, and have been informed that they have a list were all the exchanges will be enabled in the next 12 months. And my local exchange for my work line is definitely not on it :mad: and told no chance of broadband in the next 12 months. The mobile broadband isn’t even an option.!!

How backward is Ireland (and as I type this there’s an offer for Broadband for €9.99 just give them a ring, Whoopee!!). And with the current state of affairs I’m sure it could be 2-3 years but then I was excited when they gave the announcement that the local exchange would be enabled after 2007 in 2005.

Have anyone any success with satellite broadband but I don’t appreciate having to pay €90 per month plus installation for a poor service when I could get a better service for €9.99 a month. My home line has broadband so I know how much of a disadvantage it is to Rural Ireland not having broadband is but, by not having it people are less inclined to complain as they don’t know what there missing. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

Whatever responses you get here, surprise at your experience won't be one of them!

I've seen useful threads here when searching for satellite broadband.

I know what I'm missing all right, without having experienced broadband (unless you count the odd internet cafe). It's not hard to know; timed out downloading an email with a couple of photos, many websites impossible, Google Earth a dream.....

I for one am complaining; to Eircom about connection speed for a start (just gathering the final ammunition). It's too slow for my new desktop and laptop to connect (and Eircom told me years ago I could get broadband - quite a Surrealist statement).

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

What I would recommend is that you ring Eircom again ....
    - everytime that I've rung them over the last three years - I get told something different - so maybe if you ring again then while it won't make a difference they might tell you something to make you feel better !
    Have you checked is there any wireless providers around - or even a 3G signal from one of the mobile operators ?

Advertisement