Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Only by the Night. KoL

Options
  • 06-10-2008 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭

Anyone listening to this yet? Listening to it over the weekend, and have to say I'm fairly underwhelmed. In fairness to KoL it has alot to do with overhyping, I mean its a goodish album, with a few fillers on it, but its no where near what people are calling it. I think these guys are a decent stadium band, but there not the next REM as my mate calls them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Have to say I really like this album dont care about the hype I can lissen to and enjoy it from start to finish and I cant say that for many new albums out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭shoelaceface

loving the album.... really loving it!! cant decide what my fave song is!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 thedrunkleader

Have to say this album is something of a disappointment. The Kings, like so many other bands before them, are slowly being sucked into MOR stadium rock hell. They're not quite there yet, Sex On Fire, Use Somebody and Revelry are all quality imo. There are too many fillers though and 17 is dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 reckoner

Okay, basically, Only by the Night is a good album, however, a few things to be said. For one, they are definitely playing to the mainstream. They've changed their image slightly, 1-3 albums long hair all that, now going for that nearly emo-esque look, and releasin this about 15-16 months after Because of the Times, very quick! Good album, just not the KOL i'm used to, haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Shellymcg

I bought this album about 3 weeks ago and haven't stopped listening to it ever since, at least 3 times a day. Absolutely love it, there isn't 1 song i don't like on it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement