Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Line Problem

Options
  • 06-10-2008 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I seem to have a strange home phone line problem.
    First off I'm with BT and have been using an Eircom (sagem) 7000 phone for about a year without problems. I also have BT Broadband connected to the same phone line.

The problem started on Saturday. If I call the home phone from my mobile, I cannot hear any ringing tone from the mobile, but the home phone rings out.
    Also if I call a number e.g. my mobile from the home phone, I get a dial tone, the number dials and I cannot hear any more, But the other number rings? When I pick up on either phone there is absolute silence. I have tried using a different handset and plugging a new phone cable directly into wall i.e. bypassing filters, but still no difference.

The broadband connection is working fine throughout.

Any ideas?

moz

Advertisement